Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LWT

LWT

training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian Empty
PostSubject: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:17 am

Just dropping a line to all you Bar-barians
(by the way, how many "official" Bar-barians are there at the last count?)

As you probably know, it's my goal to become one of the elite and become a Bar-barian.

My BBR's are in @ 4mins 41secs and i'm working hard to acheive my goals this year.

* 40 pull ups ... (last count 34)
* 20 muscle ups ... (last count 14)
* BBR's in under 4 mins ... (last count 4 mins 41 secs)

These are my personal goals and every week i push myself harder and harder to acheive them.
This forum is a huge insparation for me and the other guys on here all have there own personal goals to acheive - just knowing that everyone is working on their goals pushes me and drives me to acheive them.

There's only one park in my area and that is a fair drive out for me but i try my best to get down to it once a week. The other times i use the bars in the two gyms where i train but being outdoors is where it's at!

I'm having a free standing pull up bar being made for me at the moment and hopefully it will be with me at the weekend. I'll get some pictures and videos up as soon as i have it - gonna stand it in my back yard.

I know that it's not just being able to do the BBR's that gives you the right to call yourself a Bar-barian, it's commitment, dedication and self drive that is needed!

I hope i can get this across to you guys in the up and coming months and show you that "i'll go beyond the bars" to acheive my goal.

BIG respect to Pullingravity ... Jay, your BBR's were the first ones i came across on YouTube and it was that video that has opened up the door to the Bar-barians - thankyou.

Right ... back to the barz then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:11 pm

JUST DO THE REQUIREMENTS EVERYDAY!! THATS WHAT I DID.. WELL I DID IT UNTILL I GOT IT.. I DID IT 3 TIMES ON A DAY.. 1 OUR... IF I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE 3RD I WOULD DO 99999 IF NEEDED.. some of you try it one time a week?????? NO DO IT UNTILL YOU GOT IT !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loganlion

loganlion

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:30 pm

70's Retro Warrior wrote:

As you probably know, it's my goal to become one of the elite and become a Bar-barian.

My BBR's are in @ 4mins 41secs and i'm working hard to acheive my goals this year.

These are my personal goals and every week i push myself harder and harder to acheive them.
This forum is a huge insparation for me and the other guys on here all have there own personal goals to acheive - just knowing that everyone is working on their goals pushes me and drives me to acheive them.

There's only one park in my area and that is a fair drive out for me but i try my best to get down to it once a week. The other times i use the bars in the two gyms where i train but being outdoors is where it's at!

I'm having a free standing pull up bar being made for me at the moment and hopefully it will be with me at the weekend. I'll get some pictures and videos up as soon as i have it - gonna stand it in my back yard.

I know that it's not just being able to do the BBR's that gives you the right to call yourself a Bar-barian, it's commitment, dedication and self drive that is needed!

I hope i can get this across to you guys in the up and coming months and show you that "i'll go beyond the bars" to acheive my goal.

BIG respect to Pullingravity ... Jay, your BBR's were the first ones i came across on YouTube and it was that video that has opened up the door to the Bar-barians - thankyou.

So true! Everything you just said is more or less exactly what I feel too! I'm so committed to this myself, it's crazy how focused I've become lately to just do what I can do to progress and hone my BBR reqs!

But, like you said, it's not all about the reqs but also your attitude and commitment towards this whole movement, you involvement, enthusiasm
everything!

But, it's gonna be a huge challenge to become a bar-barian and stay there, but thats what it's all about, ain't it? To keep challenging yourself!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:45 pm

LittleBeastM wrote:
JUST DO THE REQUIREMENTS EVERYDAY!! THATS WHAT I DID.. WELL I DID IT UNTILL I GOT IT.. I DID IT 3 TIMES ON A DAY.. 1 OUR... IF I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE 3RD I WOULD DO 99999 IF NEEDED.. some of you try it one time a week?????? NO DO IT UNTILL YOU GOT IT !!!!!!!

Best way to get them, yeahhhh!! do it until your muscles burn like in hell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:22 pm

1) Fact
2) didnt you beast on the BBR? I mean, i saw the vid, so are u a Bar-Barian now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
circusfreak

circusfreak

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Great [post Lee!

Looking forward to seeing u progress this year, and when u get barz in your backyard you'll be unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 am

Awesome post, great motivation and inspiration!

I like your goals as I'm trying to get my straight muscle up reps higher (my goal from a couple months ago was 10, i'm at 9 now). I like the way you think so no-s**t I'm going to make chasing your numbers a personal goal for me, as well.

I'm not focusing ENTIRELY on bar work at the moment, as I'm implementing changes to help with strength required to do my job, but I'm still improving on my bar strength and got (unofficially) the BBR's for the first time a couple of weeks ago (nowhere near as fast as yours!)

Keep up the good work, I'm going to be married soon and it's really motivating to see someone with a family dedicating so much and continuing to push themselves when they're already at a high level of strength.

Many kudos, brother
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LWT

LWT

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:43 am

1) Fact
2) didnt you beast on the BBR? I mean, i saw the vid, so are u a Bar-Barian now?[/quote]

mdrop - your right, i did smash the BBR's with a pretty quick time of 4mins 41secs, well inside the time limit of 6mins at the time.
(I'm not 100% sure but i think it now stands at 5mins, so the bar has been raised again)

This alone though doesn't automatically make me a Bar-barian!
This is only part of what the guys are lookin' for. To be accepted as a fully pledged Bar-barian you have to have all the attributes that is needed - again, i'm not 100% sure what they are lookin' for but i know that - loyalty, attitude, determination, self goals and showing them what you bring to the bars are all on the list!

I know the guys have seen my video - now i just gotta knuckle down and try to get all the other stuff across to them - hope this answers your question mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LWT

LWT

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:57 am

Dreadnought wrote:
Awesome post, great motivation and inspiration!

I like your goals as I'm trying to get my straight muscle up reps higher (my goal from a couple months ago was 10, i'm at 9 now). I like the way you think so no-s**t I'm going to make chasing your numbers a personal goal for me, as well.

I'm not focusing ENTIRELY on bar work at the moment, as I'm implementing changes to help with strength required to do my job, but I'm still improving on my bar strength and got (unofficially) the BBR's for the first time a couple of weeks ago (nowhere near as fast as yours!)

Keep up the good work, I'm going to be married soon and it's really motivating to see someone with a family dedicating so much and continuing to push themselves when they're already at a high level of strength.

Many kudos, brother

Dreadnought, thankyou my friend.

Like you i also use other ways of training although the bars are by far my favorate and most satisfiying!
I do a bit of CrossFit stuff and am Level 1 certified so i use alot of Olympic bar lifting - front squat, overhead squat, back squat, shoulder press, push press etc - all superb for building strenght and conditioning!

I always start with either weighted pull ups or muscle ups when doing a gym session though - that way i can get my max reps out first because come the end of the workout i'd be struggling to get anywhere near as many out.

Well done by the way on your BBR's - you should be proud of yourself - it's one hell of a task .... especially if what i hear is right , that it now has to be completed in under 5mins? - Slick Rick or Zef will probably answer this?

To know that i motivate you is more incentive to motivate myself and hit my goals! thanks and keep on pushing yourself.

- Lee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Cobra

King Cobra

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Just saw your vid on the facebook group.... U are Bar-barian now mate! lolll

keep us posted on how you are going to put the bars in your garden please mate, i'm going to do the same in the near future!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LWT

LWT

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 pm

King Cobra wrote:

Just saw your vid on the facebook group.... U are Bar-barian now mate! lolll

keep us posted on how you are going to put the bars in your garden please mate, i'm going to do the same in the near future!!

cheers

Yo, thanks King Cobra - Add me as a friend on facebook mate - I'll get all my pics on there when it arrives - be good to chat to you too - I was in London on tuesday and did a park session at Regents Park - t'was wicked, awesome park!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian   training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian Empty

Back to top Go down

training for my goal - becoming a Bar-barian
Page 1 of 1