Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

one arm pull up progression.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

one arm pull up progression. Empty
PostSubject: one arm pull up progression.   one arm pull up progression. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 am

ive been training for the one arm pull up for a while i can now get about half way up before i cant go any farther. can you guys who have acheived the one arm pull up give me any advise on how to get farther up? itd be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Taiga

Taiga

PostSubject: Re: one arm pull up progression.   one arm pull up progression. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:50 am

Do partial reps from the top
Like a negative just go like 45° down then pull up again and over time increase the distance you go down, that's they way I did it Wink
Back to top Go down
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: one arm pull up progression.   one arm pull up progression. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:08 pm

cool thanks
Back to top Go down
ether

ether

PostSubject: Re: one arm pull up progression.   one arm pull up progression. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 pm

You can always help you with your other hand. It's not bad)) Cos your working arm is still strained to the limit. Your strength increases anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Ether861
OdinM

OdinM

PostSubject: Re: one arm pull up progression.   one arm pull up progression. EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Yes, just try to help a little bit with your other arm, untill you're not helping anymore
Back to top Go down
Lage

PostSubject: One arm pullup   one arm pull up progression. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 2:45 am

I put a 25# weight on a pulley, and slowly increased the number of reps where I grab the weight with one arm, and use the dominant arm to pull the remainder of my body weight. Over time, because you can only pull with the supporting arm a total of 25# or so, you are lifting the majority of your bodyweight with one arm. Increase the number of reps, and eventually you can reduce the amount of weight on the pulley. I used my Xtreme (gymnast) rings as pulleys and hooked them over the perpendicular grips of an Iron-gym setup in the basement. It took me about 4 weeks with this technique, and once I got up to 5 reps with 25# on the pulley (each arm, for 3 or 4 sets), I have now been able to perform a couple one arm pullups, as a result of this pulley progression to help me get there. I will also start negatives and lock-offs as suggested above, as well as decreasing the weight on the pulley to 15# or less, so I can change things up a bit, develop more stabilizing strength during the decent of the OAP, and try to increase my reps. Also during this same few weeks, I've been working on alternating one arm pushups, and that has strengthened my back to stabilize, which I believe has had a synergistic effect on my back for the OAP. I can't ever know for sure, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case this method alone doesn't get you there.

Peace!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one arm pull up progression.   one arm pull up progression. Empty

Back to top Go down

one arm pull up progression.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: