Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Energy drinks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adamas

Adamas

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi guys, i just want to ask, if u drink some energy drinks? I drink it sometimes during the workout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:46 pm

dont wanna be a smartass cuz i dont really know much about it, but from what i heard they dehidrate u like crazy after a few, and the ammount of "energy"/caffeine in it is equal to a cup of coffee. so no i dont think u need it. just drink water. and if u want that extra boost eat a chocolate bar. its not the same but if u ask me its better and tastier Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Well, i am not a fan of energy drinks, even though they're really taste.. because they are full of sugar.. :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamas

Adamas

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah thats bad its really extra sugar filled Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:51 am

sugar is good. candy is good i eat it threw the whole day bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 am

LittleBeastM wrote:
sugar is good. candy is good i eat it threw the whole day bounce

lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batman

Batman

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 pm

if you feel like you need a "pick me up" during your workout, re-evaluate what you are eating before you workout.

You should be eating a light meal of carbs an hour before

or a medium meal of carbs and some fats two or more hours before

carbs with fructose (bananas, berries, fruits) can give you quick light energy before. A piece of toast, light oatmeal, some cereal works too.

Two or more hours before combine fruits and grains (ex. berries in oatmeal) with some fats (nuts and seeds). Eating fats with these carbs slows down the digestion of the carbs because fats take longer to digest. The longer digestion allows for continual release of energy that will keep you ready to workout for those two or more hours prior to your workout.

If you just eat carbs two or more hours before you will stress your glycemic levels because the carbs turns staight to energy in the body and if that energy is not used quickly (within the hour), it can turn into undesirable fat.

And no you should not drink energy drinks cause they are unhealthy and will jst make you crash and those five hour energy things make me really irratible. Bottom line is that if you are sleeping at least 8 hrs a night and doing proper nutrition, there really is no need.

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeinTexas

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Energy drinks...   Energy drinks EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Batman is correct.

The key is not to use sugar, but good carbs for energy. If you don't have time to eat ( you should, you should ALWAYS have time to eat ) coffee *may* serve as a pick-me-up. But its also a diuretic (s/p) so be sure you drink plenty of water before during and after the workout.

Mick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikestewartfitness.com
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 am

candy candy candy !! candy!! thats all i gotta say man candy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaydog

jaydog

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:59 am

if you aim losing body fat dont drink energy drinks.
Athletes drink energy drinks cause they need the energy to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1026604639&ref=pr
Bdog

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Energy drinks are horrible for you. Many people have actually passed out or even died after drinking energy drinks and doing something active. One girl recently drank 2 or 3 redbulls and went dancing at a club and passed out and died. If you lack energy you need carbs. Also read the ingredients of what you put in your body. Some of these things are filled with crazy a$$ chemicals that should be banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamas

Adamas

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Bdog wrote:
Energy drinks are horrible for you. Many people have actually passed out or even died after drinking energy drinks and doing something active. One girl recently drank 2 or 3 redbulls and went dancing at a club and passed out and died. If you lack energy you need carbs. Also read the ingredients of what you put in your body. Some of these things are filled with crazy a$$ chemicals that should be banned.

All I can say to this are 2 words: MEDIAL BUBBLE. That thing with dying is not obvious, its like 1:1000000 bro. Dont be scared, its good for me. If you arent drinking it per liters a day, its good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Adamas wrote:
Bdog wrote:

All I can say to this are 2 words: MEDIAL BUBBLE. That thing with dying is not obvious, its like 1:1000000 bro. Dont be scared, its good for me. If you arent drinking it per liters a day, its good.
Is smoking bad for you if you only smoke 3 cigarettes a day? Yes it is. These drinks are bad for you. They target kids especially through marketing to make you think you need them. They will rob you of energy in the long run,and could make you dependent on them. Caffeine is a stimulant,it does not give you real energy. If you lack energy you need to check your diet and make sure you're sleeping enough. Guarantee the people that make these drinks are laughing at the people who drink them they know they are bad for you. It is not 1 in 1mill bro i've read alot of these stories even in mainstream news. Don't lie to yourself and say they are good for you. Someone especially your age shouldn't need any of that bullshit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamas

Adamas

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:57 pm

ok, they are not good for me, but they arent bad...YOU CANT COMPARE CIGARETTES AND THESE SHITS WITH ENERGY DRINKS. Trust me, i had a lot of reading too, so I know something about it. If you dont like them, dont drink it, but dont tell me its bad for me, you are like my mom lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:34 pm

energy drink = not good for you. cant tell me anyhting else.

only if we speak of self-made ones.. they are good + taste great.

bought onces = a bag of s**t!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adamas

Adamas

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:12 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:

OK, if its s**t dont drink it, but everyone have freedom to tell his opinion, so

I AM ENDING THIS. IF YOU ARENT LIKE THEM, DONT DRINK IT, BUT DONT TELL ME ABOUT IT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fkncody

fkncody

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Most energy drinks are full of simple sugars and will give you high energy then crash. Focus on eating complex carbohydrates one or two hours before a workout.

And the no sugar energy drinks are even worse for your health. They usually have artificial sweeteners like aspartame, acesulfame potassium, and/or splenda.

I'll give you a link that talks more about aspartame because it lists too many problems for me to type out.

aspartame facts:
http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Adamas wrote:
ok, they are not good for me, but they arent bad...YOU CANT COMPARE CIGARETTES AND THESE SHITS WITH ENERGY DRINKS. Trust me, i had a lot of reading too, so I know something about it. If you dont like them, dont drink it, but dont tell me its bad for me, you are like my mom lol.
Yes you can compare the two. Did you know when cigarettes first came out they marketed them as having health benefits,they even had doctors promoting them. 50 or more years later they admitted they cause cancer and are bad for you. Listen to your mom!lol If something is not good for you what does that make it then. Blend some fruit up if you want some energy,plus it tastes alot better than these garbage drinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Adamas wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:

OK, if its s**t dont drink it, but everyone have freedom to tell his opinion, so

I AM ENDING THIS. IF YOU ARENT LIKE THEM, DONT DRINK IT, BUT DONT TELL ME ABOUT IT.

ffs i didnt do anything else but answer to your topic o.O u started it. i did not only state my opinion but simply said what the truth is.

self made ones are very good. but those you buy arent. where is the problem and why u getting so offended? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Energy drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy drinks   Energy drinks Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy drinks
Page 1 of 1