Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bar-barians '09 - Rick

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SlikRic

SlikRic

Bar-barians '09 - Rick Empty
PostSubject: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:01 pm

a reflection of feelings. from a winters workout (What does it mean to be a Bar-barian?) to Summer '09 - Rick

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rickseedman.com/
SlikRic

SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:05 pm

I wish each person peace and happiness, for we are human beings first and foremost, though I also wish people to think different, provoke new thoughts, try new approaches. Making moves, not excuses, and new moves at that. Making oneself purposely uncomfortable. Being extraordinary doing things one is NOT good at, all while breaking down barriers that may have been put up. Finally letting out and letting go, and acknowledging oneself for their actions.

Some say there is no love, I say there is immense love. Some say there is no community, I say I have an extraordinary community, though yes there are divides of choice and somewhat understandably so, everything is choice, though I am looking from many perspectives now, whereas many seem not. Angles of above and below, stepped back from a distance and quite close up, from the inside as well as out, left to right and right to left, and diagonally so. Not limiting as many may be. Blind and brainwashed. Seeing, but not seeing only since one does not want to see, continuously limiting one's world/life. Causing suffering in oneself and others. See from new perspectives.

Though being skillful and accepting of how an individual is at that very time. Only coming from truth, usefulness/helpfulness and timing. Having compassion for oneself as well as others, and being forgiving, transcending. If there is blame, then it goes back to not taking 100% responsibility for oneself. Just as in a workout, no pain no gain, the same goes for physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and social. Not sucking it up, holding it all inside, trying to be a "man" or what society says a man "should" be. Not ignoring, avoiding, escaping, though finally facing one's problems. Going into the fire, the pain, staying there, only to finally come out pure transformation.

To embrace everything, even what you hate. The real genius is to maybe find the humor in things that may seem very heavy or dark to one, and make things light. Finding a perfect balance between all things. Inside and out, Yin and Yang. Balancing having courage with being GENTLE with oneself. Finally seeing value in things and being skillful enough to have the ability to apply them. I've said and done things recently that I have not in my entire life! MIRACULOUS. MIRACLES. UNIMAGINABLE just a few months back. "Onward and upward!" in Eric's words.

A lot of writings for those who want to read. It's no preaching, only my learnings, thoughts, feelings, spoken words and actions for those who want to end suffering and create/spread peace and happiness it comes from within, starts internally, not externally.

Rick - Bar-barians

Last edited by SlikRic on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
circusfreak

circusfreak

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:10 am

I'm so with u bro, i feel there is a whole lotta love out here, and a community that is growing every day. I feel blessed to be a part of it.
We are the one's to keep it positive, each and every individual has a part to play, whether as a active member, or just as an outsider looking in.

On the video, art at its best. Well done cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:20 am

Quite possibly the best video I've seen, really touched me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:23 am

Daniel wrote:

TOUCHED ME DAMN SON THATS GAY!!!! lol!

NAW MAN ITS BEST VID 4 REAL..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcusuni

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 am

Great video. Gives you that feel good feeling when you watch it. Looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bodyweightconvict.blogspot.com/
SlikRic

SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 am

LittleBeastM wrote:
Daniel wrote:

hahaha

get of Metin's bed you three!!!! Logan's there too isn't he! damn european bar-barians..
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 pm

SlikRic wrote:
LittleBeastM wrote:
Daniel wrote:

hahaha

get of Metin's bed you three!!!! Logan's there too isn't he! damn european bar-barians..

BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....................

And the video was freaking amazing and really well done. Its really inspiring. Deep man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Great encouraging words Rick! I agree and appreciate your opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Sanyok155
Sampson

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 pm

That was awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:20 pm

SlikRic wrote:
LittleBeastM wrote:
Daniel wrote:

hahaha

Hell noo man that was really impressive and good. Great work rick, sick beats aswell metin. Like that. PEACE

@ Rick: Wiiiiise words man, keep up doin ya thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STRICTFORM74

STRICTFORM74

PostSubject: bar-barians 09 rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Im really inspired by the bar-barians because they don't get into negativity within the community because to me they set the standard and always "PUT IN WORK" on the bar.Each member is a special in there own way and compliment each other well. When i train i always remember what zef said "I MAKE MY FIRST LOOK LIKE MY LAST",when i can no longer do that im done with that set.Guys keep doing what u do and hopefully one day u can get down to Atlanta,Ga where im at and we can hit the bars. Bar-barians u guys are the epitomy of what professionalism,strength, and discipline are and i claim that u will have even greater success in 2010.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:48 pm

work of art i live in augusta georgia. How many parks yall got, we don't have any. They took down the only one we had
Back to top Go down
View user profile
octopus7

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:20 pm

So touching words by Rick !!!

P.S. LBM CHECk THE SOUND IN THIS VIDEO - similiar ) you just speed it up and add a beat )))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSKyla5Xfo
this is not a beatmakin' Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlikRic

SlikRic

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 am

thank u everybody for the feedback and for watching. and Metin sampled that, and did a hell of a job!
Back to top Go down
octopus7

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:05 am

Very Happy Of course it takes a lot of effort s to make such beats. I don't mind.
You guys are just amazing athlets and its very good that you're trying a lot of different things & hobbies besides workout (I mean beatmakin', filmin', editin' and so on)
Much RESPECT !!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:36 am

Octopus7 wrote:

P.S. LBM CHECk THE SOUND IN THIS VIDEO - similiar ) you just speed it up and add a beat )))

this is not beatmakin?? EVERYONE USES SAMPLES i used this sample.. and please liston closely of what i did.. come on.. u try it..

just speed it up and add a beat?? wow dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
octopus7

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:01 am

Hey, LBM, calm down)
I agree that MOST of beatmakers and composers use samples,but u can write your personal beat,unique tunes and melodic passages)
Anyway, your beat is pretty dope man.
Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loganlion

loganlion

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:34 am

This video is an editing masterpiece! I love it, everything is so well put together! Now I have really high expectations for the DVD! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am

Octopus7 wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry but i gotta agree with that :S even if i dont know anything about makin beats but i see that this is not metins beat

but i sounds much better , good work metin anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Unleashed wrote:
Octopus7 wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry but i gotta agree with that :S even if i dont know anything about makin beats but i see that this is not metins beat

but i sounds much better , good work metin anyway

what the hell, do yall guys even know what A SAMPLE IS? LOL

everyfckin beat got samples of songs,movies whatever.. dont talk bout things yall dont know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
octopus7

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 pm

There are two ways of making a musical composition :
1) you write your own beat line,bass,main theme melody etc. MAKING SAMPLES BY YOURSELF than put it together and addin' effects and complete mastering of your new track. RESULT - 100% EXCLUSIVE track and you are the author of all parts of it.
2) tacking some samples from another music tracks then put'em together - of course requires skills and takes a lot of time, but overall it means plagiarism or creative insolvency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:19 pm

and i have fully ownbeats, but the best are sample used
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 pm

i appreciate all ya beats metin. u know that . peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:58 pm

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD this thread is getting a little off topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar-barians '09 - Rick   Bar-barians '09 - Rick Empty

Back to top Go down

Bar-barians '09 - Rick
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next