Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

no pull up bar? No problem!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

no pull up bar? No problem! Empty
PostSubject: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:07 pm

some peoploe on here dont have pull up bars they can access all the time. some may have none at all. i read on here a while ago somebody wasnt allowed to put up a door pull up bar. i can understand that as it can mess up the door etc. well check this out!

http://www.activeforever.com/p-2179-lifeline-power-up-chin-up-bar.aspx?CPMID=3839659&
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:53 pm

wow, facing with your back to the door you can then actually even hang from there for some leg raises. even thought u wont be able to do the whole thing cuz of the ROM will be decreased.. height of doors ftw.

can u also do overhand grip pull ups with that thing? what u think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Wow..... this could actually solve alot of my problems (my frat house is super crappy and i dont know if it can take the abuse of a real bar in the doorway). Too bad you cant do pullups (only chinups), or do u think you can also do pullups on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bayley

Bayley

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:44 pm

This has the same concept as the "Iron Gym"... http://www.jmldirect.com/product.asp?pf_id=I8700&changecurrency=GBP

In my opinion the Iron gym is far better because not only can you do underhand grip chin-ups, you can also do overhand grip, close and wide range and you also have a neutral grip on it. IT DOES NOT NEED ANY DRILLING/ SCREWS ETC. TO USE you can use it as a sit-up assistant, you can use it to deepen your pushup and also to do dips but i generally only use it for pull-ups etc...
cheers

x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Bayley wrote:
This has the same concept as the "Iron Gym"... http://www.jmldirect.com/product.asp?pf_id=I8700&changecurrency=GBP

In my opinion the Iron gym is far better because not only can you do underhand grip chin-ups, you can also do overhand grip, close and wide range and you also have a neutral grip on it. IT DOES NOT NEED ANY DRILLING/ SCREWS ETC. TO USE you can use it as a sit-up assistant, you can use it to deepen your pushup and also to do dips but i generally only use it for pull-ups etc...
cheers

x

In some of our dorms (or whatever people are living in, houses, appts, etc) there is no 1)doorframe sturdy enough to support the iron gym 2) no closet doors 3) way to remove the door in order to place the iron gym
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bayley

Bayley

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Mdrop wrote:
Bayley wrote:

cheers

x

In some of our dorms (or whatever people are living in, houses, appts, etc) there is no 1)doorframe sturdy enough to support the iron gym 2) no closet doors 3) way to remove the door in order to place the iron gym

yes i suppose that is a problem :/ was only suggesting it though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Experimenter

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't have a bar, either. However, I'm 212 lbs. I doubt a door would last. Using fitness trails and parks are my only option. I've tried to come up some ideas, but it isn't easy. I believe homemade straps/rings are the best overall tool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Framptonbmx

Framptonbmx

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm

I've got both the Iron Gym and these pull-up handles and I've got to say these handles kind of suck. They will still mess up your door somewhat and the pads are pretty thin. When I was doing chin-ups, the back of my hand eventually would bruise and bleed because the pads were so thin. I say if this is your only shot for pull-ups then definitely go for it, but if you have a door that will actually fit the Iron Gym, it's way better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no pull up bar? No problem!   no pull up bar? No problem! Empty

Back to top Go down

no pull up bar? No problem!
Page 1 of 1