Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME

Go down 
AuthorMessage
noname

BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME Empty
PostSubject: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:26 pm

hello guys,

fist of all my english is not that good but i will try to give my best.
but actually i have a few questions about my training.
to me:
im 22, 1.82m, 78kg, live in germany and trained with my brother in a fitness gym for few month. i learned generally basic information on fitness by that.
i've been training irregular on calisthenics for 2 month now.
the last 2 weeks i train every day and it's fun.

here my max. set data:

- pull-ups: 9-10
- push-ups: 30-35
- dips: 25
(i dont test them often)

and here my training:

first warmup..

4 sets
push-ups: 2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2 or 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
(rest: x breaths by x reps)

4sets
pull-ups: mostly 8-5-3 or rather 6-4-2-1
(rest: x breaths by x reps)

rest between my sets are mostly 3-5minutes, i hope thats not too much ??

can't train every day for dips, next playground with this opinion is about 10 km away and i'm living in an 1 room flat with only 1 seat, but will try to buy a dip station in next time.

for core i do various sets of sit-ups and supermans on the floor

for my lower body im doing not much at the moment because i have massive problems with my left knee when i do more squats, but i have again a date by doctor this month..

in addition i try to learn a handstand and a L-sit :-)

so now my question:

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY LITTLE TRAIN ?
IS IT OKAY OR MUST I TRAIN HARDER AND DO MORE SETS / REPS ?

I HOPE FOR A LOT OF FEEDBACK :-)

and greets from germany
Back to top Go down
csaba

csaba

PostSubject: Re: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:01 pm

noname, welcome!

i like the sound of your idea of "(rest: x breaths by x reps)" for the pyramids. i'm gonna try this out.

you can do dips between 2 chairs, or with your feet on the ground and arms behind you on a chair.

about your legs, you should do calf raises. bummer about your knees; do you still have problems when you don't squat past 90 degrees?

for core, planks are better than situps. also, there are studies that show situps are bad for your spine after many many years. also do side planks. after you can hold a front plank for 2 min i think you're ready to move up to L-sits.
Back to top Go down
noname

PostSubject: Re: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:25 pm

hello csaba,

first: thanks for feedback Smile

hm, im living in a small 1 room flat and i have only one chair but i think i will now doing "half"-dips with my feet on the ground and thinking about a dip station.

i do calf raises as often as i can when i see a stair (i have not written this separately).

hm, i have only probems in my left knee with squats also when i dont squat past 90 degrees.

hm, and thanks for the idea with the planks. i have looked at youtube, seems very nice. but are they as hard as situps/crunches or leg raises ?

greets
Back to top Go down
bodyweightMMA

bodyweightMMA

PostSubject: Re: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Looks good just make sure your pushing yourself. Also i would do less rest 3-5mins is pretty long i do between 1-2mins between sets.
Back to top Go down
csaba

csaba

PostSubject: Re: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:10 am

noname wrote:

hm, and thanks for the idea with the planks. i have looked at youtube, seems very nice. but are they as hard as situps/crunches or leg raises ?
since you just hold them longer and longer, they're as hard as you make them! and like i said, once you're up to 2 minutes front, 1 min side, times say 3 sets, you should move on to harder stuff (L-sit, human flag, front/back lever, ...)
Back to top Go down
noname

PostSubject: Re: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:18 am

hey,

bodyweightMMA wrote:
Looks good just make sure your pushing yourself. Also i would do less rest 3-5mins is pretty long i do between 1-2mins between sets.

i will try to do less rest but it seems hard because my reps will go down with every next set and thats what i try to avoid mostly.

csaba wrote:
noname wrote:

since you just hold them longer and longer, they're as hard as you make them! and like i said, once you're up to 2 minutes front, 1 min side, times say 3 sets, you should move on to harder stuff (L-sit, human flag, front/back lever, ...)

i have added the front and side planks :-)

thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME   BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME Empty

Back to top Go down

BEGINNER TRAINING , FEEDBACK WELCOME
Page 1 of 1