Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Static D

Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) Empty
PostSubject: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:29 am

What this community can become?

When I first learned about the bar community, through the Bartendaz initially, I was inspired and psyched up. I love to exercise and when I can find a new and different way to do it, I’m a happy guy. To be able to express one’s self through exercise is a form of art in the same way as dancing, painting or music.

This is a relatively new phenomenon in the fitness world and we have a chance to influence the world for years to come. I look at Parkour, which was really invented fairly recently, and is now seeing some real mainstream love from MTV, through the Ultimate Parkour Challenge. To go even farther back, let’s look at the genesis of extreme sports all the way up to the X-Games and the 1st Tony Hawk video game on Playstation. This brought skateboarding to the masses on a huge level.

Now, I look at this forum. It is a way for us to develop the bar community and this wonderful form of exercise that we all love. I see a lot of encouragement, and I see some infighting that’s simply childish. The advice to beginners of keep going all out until you can’t do anymore is not only bad advice, it’s also irresponsible. You younger guys can go all out everyday because you’re still in the part of your life where you can. I’m in the DaWalli age range and we need a bit more structure. Very Happy

My other big beef comes as a result of LittleBeast leaving the forum because someone doesn’t believe he can do what he says he can. Can he? I don’t care because it’s not very relevant for me at all. Here’s why: He can do stuff that I can’t. Period. I’ve seen the workouts he’s put on youtube. Amazing. Whether he can do the extreme stuff that he says he can, is between him and whoever he believes in. The important question is how did you get there and how can I get there? That’s all anyone really cares about. Until that question can be answered, and I believe it can, this community will not grow to be as big as it could.

You want to really help this sport grow? Volunteer. If you’re in America, you know the child obesity rates are astronomical these days. I work with children and they want to be active. Go volunteer at a local gym, or charity and help these kids find a way. Let’s help them find something to believe in. Besides, it’ll help you get your reps up and may help you attain the strength and endurance to reach the Barbarian Requirements.

He who teaches learns.

Think about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Thats my man !! agreed 100 % ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Static D

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:36 am

Interesting...lots of views and few responses. I'd love to hear some opinions whether you agree or disagree. I'd like to hear what the rest of the community has to say.

What can we do to grow this movement?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loganlion

loganlion

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:32 am

Very interesting what you're saying! But, I think the movement is so big now, that it's growing by itself! The only thing I think we can control now, is the pace of movements growth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Cobra

King Cobra

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:40 am

great post static d, 100% agree

the reason why i liked and joined the forum was because of the positive vibe i saw. there will always be haters and negativity you cannot avoid it but the upside to it is that for them to hate you must be doing something relevant and worth hating being negative about.

totally agree with you on helping out the community, especially with this recession bullox, there are not going to be as many opportunities especially for the youth. something like the bar movement can help them deter from taking the easy route through crime, harm etc. as many of you can see in various places across the world, it will help not only them but everyone get into the great outdoors and do something different to what is the norm at the moment.

p.s still think little beast should take time out and reconsider his leaving!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm

i never said im leaving, im just not helping people for a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel97G

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Keep Working LBM I hope one day i can become half as good as you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Daniel97G wrote:
Keep Working LBM I hope one day i can become half as good as you Smile

OFCOURSE .. LOL JUST EAT ALOT AND WORK HARDER.. dont be scared 2 enjoy ur food
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Nice post static D, and we are definitely the old guys! LOL! At least around here!

It's funny, because I can actually do things today that my 20-year-old body could NEVER do! I have to admit though, I feel my age sometimes. It takes a little longer to recover from a hard workout and I have to work a little harder to stay flexible.

I don't know about keeping up with Beast Metin though! lol!

Anyway, let's keep it constructive and positive and to hell with the haters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:04 am

dawalli u know im gonna tear ur inside gym park shizzle.. when its finished!! cant wait for that.. and cant wait 2 meet everyone on this forum one day.. if we all go next year, save money each month 2 go newyork.. from now on.. than we see everyone there, see who real and fake
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:09 am

LittleBeastM - SS2 wrote:
dawalli u know im gonna tear ur inside gym park shizzle.. when its finished!! cant wait for that.. and cant wait 2 meet everyone on this forum one day.. if we all go next year, save money each month 2 go newyork.. from now on.. than we see everyone there, see who real and fake

You know it bro! Can't wait for that either! lol!

I'm going to be so close to NYC this summer! I'm heading back to eastern Canada with the family for 2 months. Very tempting to jump on a plane and head to NYC for a couple of days, but with two kids, family, friends, cost, etc, ... damn.

Someday soon though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Cobra

King Cobra

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:29 am

LittleBeastM - SS2 wrote:
i never said im leaving, im just not helping people for a while

lolll oh right :S....thats still just as bad!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Static D

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Thank you for your positivity and keep up the great work.

A quick note: LoganLion, the movement is pretty big. It does have plenty of room to grow. I have Youtube to explain to people where i get these crazy ideas from. There's lots of room to go. This can become mainstream and it's our responsibility that is remains pure as it grows.

A trip to New York? Hmmm...sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohiosteve

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I love this post. Exactly where I'm coming from with it. I'm working hard with a couple friends of mine to get the BBRs, and to get good in general at the bar game, and when we feel ready, we're going to try to go to schools in our area and give free assemblies and stuff to try to get the kids looking in the right direction regarding their free time.

Plus, we need more tips from the Big Names! Zef, Jay, Rick, help us! How do you get the high numbers? How do you get the supreme strength for planches, front levers, OAPs, and dead hang MUs?

Anyway, keep pushing(and pulling) everybody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Static D

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 am

Nice, Ohiosteve!! Please send me a private message because I have ideas along the same lines. Let's collaborate and see where we can take this.

Great flippin' idea!!!

As the great Hannibal once said, "I love it when a plan comes together."

(Cue A-Team theme)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakaveli

zakaveli

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:46 pm

the best advice is to never give up and stay loyal to to people that are loyal to you. I would never turn my back on y'all,I expect the same in return. In due time you will see why we have been so busy. Please keep posting , hit me on facebook&twitter and keep the forum alive..

remember the best routine is no routine, that's what made me stronger. farao

ohiosteve wrote:
I love this post. Exactly where I'm coming from with it. I'm working hard with a couple friends of mine to get the BBRs, and to get good in general at the bar game, and when we feel ready, we're going to try to go to schools in our area and give free assemblies and stuff to try to get the kids looking in the right direction regarding their free time.

Plus, we need more tips from the Big Names! Zef, Jay, Rick, help us! How do you get the high numbers? How do you get the supreme strength for planches, front levers, OAPs, and dead hang MUs?

Anyway, keep pushing(and pulling) everybody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bar-barians.com
ohiosteve

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks Zef,

YOU THE MAN!!!

Zakaveli for King!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:14 pm

ohiosteve wrote:
Thanks Zef,

YOU THE MAN!!!

Zakaveli for King!

for king? he is above king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superbenx

superbenx

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:02 pm

ace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohiosteve

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Zakaveli the best no doubt about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)   Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG) Empty

Back to top Go down

Observations, A Challenge and Call to Action (PRETTY LONG)
Page 1 of 1