Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

L sitting can be hazardous to your health!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duf

Duf

L sitting can be hazardous to your health! Empty
PostSubject: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Wow I just missed out on a surefire 1,000,000 view YouTube video and an embarrassing obituary at the same time.

During my gym session today I was doing L sits in various ways. Towards the end of the workout I was looking for someplace different to do one. I walked over to the squat rack and saw the empty olympic sized bar racked there. Hmmm why not try to L sit ON TOP of the bar. Now of course this is a ridiculous idea since the bar is just sitting on the hooks and not secured in anyway. Well for some reason this obvious danger did not register in my brain for one second.

So I hop up on the bar and try to bring my legs up into position. As soon as my body weight shifts backward the bar rotates and I am instantly smashed into the ground head first, backwards. My fall made quite the racket as my body rattled around the bars on the rack as I flipped. Luckily only one set of eyes actually saw the incident. Lots of other eyes looked back after the noise and saw me on all fours holding my head inside the squat rack.

It had to look incredibly silly and stupid. In the big picture I could have been seriously hurt. I nailed my head pretty hard. My lower back isn’t feeling too great either. Dumb a$$.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://duf.net
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:05 pm

lol! duf needs a spotter for the l-sit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duf

Duf

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
lol! duf needs a spotter for the l-sit Very Happy

Or someone to tell me what is safe and what is not safe to L sit on. Smile
Back to top Go down
fkncody

fkncody

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:27 pm

duffy....ur a character man haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:12 am

Balcony's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:55 am

Damn duf, that's no way to get a girl! LOL!

In all seriousness though, glad you're okay and I hope your lower back is too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gladiator

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:10 pm

that happen to me to but i wasnt in a gym and thats the last time i do l seat on a straight bar l seats are for parallel bars or on hands. yea i hit my head hard too lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duf

Duf

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm

gladiator wrote:
that happen to me to but i wasnt in a gym and thats the last time i do l seat on a straight bar l seats are for parallel bars or on hands. yea i hit my head hard too lol

Ah cool, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who did this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L sitting can be hazardous to your health!   L sitting can be hazardous to your health! Empty

Back to top Go down

L sitting can be hazardous to your health!
Page 1 of 1