Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Food Guide Diet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murdog83

The Food Guide Diet Empty
PostSubject: The Food Guide Diet   The Food Guide Diet EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 7:52 pm

On every training forum I've seen there are usually one or more members who want to know what secret diet the experts use. I don't claim to be an expert on nutrition, or even performance, but I did partake in a "nutrition journal" experiment once. Here are the results. I think they are interesting, even if nobody else does.

For one month I recorded everything I ate every day. Along with recording the items I also had to look up the caloric value of my serving size, and also various additional information (amount of fibre, vitamin A, etc.). At the end of each day I was to calculate the percentage of the RDI consumed. Of note, the days in which I more closely followed my National Food Guide's recommendations for each of the four food groups were also the days in which my ingested values were closest to the RDI values. Also, I found that the fact that I would have to research/record the information for each snack made me less likely too snack (I guess I'm lazy Wink ).

There's nothing new here that your mother couldn't have told you, but I just wanted to point our that the easiest way I found to maintain a lean body and give my body the nutrients it needs to perform at its best, is to follow my National Food Guide. Give it a try.
Back to top Go down
http://kindergartencop-dfm.blogspot.com/

The Food Guide Diet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: