Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

need some help and advice on growth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adamg22

need some help and advice on growth Empty
PostSubject: need some help and advice on growth   need some help and advice on growth EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:56 am

hey guys ive been following you on facebook for several months now and finally signed up on the forums. i am currently going through a problem where my weight does increase i have weighed 68 kilos for the last 4 months :/ i will post a daily food and workout plan and would appreciate if you guys can tell me where i might be going wrong

Food plan:

7am breakfast glass of water, with anything from 4 eggs and 4 pieces of toast / bowl of porridge with semi skimmed milk and packet of blue berries, banana / four wheatabix with banana and handful of strawberries

9am: anything from an Apple with 450ml pot of strawberry onken yoghurt or two slices of wholemeal bread with peanut butter/ 2 scoop whey with water.

12noon: lunch varies from chicken / thai fish cakes / salmon/cod/haddock fillets / jacket potato with either beans and cheese or tuna / sandwiches / rice / cous cous / egg noodles / vegtables / salad / Pasta

3pm: anything from 100g of mixed nuts and raisins / 2 scoop whey / fruit / ham sandwich

6pm: Dinner: anything from steaks/fish/chicken/ ommelettes/ jacket potatos/ mixed salads / chilli con carne / same sort of mixture as lunchtime meals

9pm: anything from a piece of fruit slice of wholemeal bread and peanut butter / one scoop of whey and water

Workout plan: i am currently in the process of joining the royal marines i am waiting to do my PRMC. so my workouts consist of cardio and mainly bodyweight exercises with free weights added in to keep my body guessing. i also do thai boxing twice a week for one hour

Monday:
am 30min cycle on exercise bike roughly complete 14km

pm body weight circuit

4 sets of press ups 40 / 35 / 40 / max effort
4 sets of overhand pull ups 14/10 /10 / max effort
4 sets of squats 50/50/40/max effort
4 sets of tricep dips 15/20/15/ max effort
4 sets of box jumps 30/30/30/30

Tuesday:

Pm one hour thai boxing fitness class

Wednesday: mixed session of body weight and free weights

same sets of press ups and pull ups as monday
4 sets of bench press 6 reps of roughly 60 -65kg
4 sets of dumbbell flye 14kg
4 sets of shoulder press 35kg barbell
4 sets of shrugs dumbell 26kg

Thursday: 45 min cycle roughly completing 20km
followed by core work
4 sets of sit ups
4 sets of press up planks
4 sets of cable woodchops
4 sets of kettlebell oblique crunches

Friday: Pm one hour thai boxing fitness class

saturday: REST

Sunday : Long run 5 - 6 mile

this is the current level of intensity of weights reps and distance i am doing. i increase my workouts every 3 weeks and vary them as much as possible. would appreciate any feedback from others on where i might be going wrong in putting on weight.
Back to top Go down
Marcusuni

PostSubject: Re: need some help and advice on growth   need some help and advice on growth EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:59 am

if your looking to get bigger you should forget the cycling and the running, long distance cardio will not aid you in putting on mass. I no that you need to stay fit for the prmc but you will either have to cut cardio out to gain mass or you will have to eat allot more to compensate for calories burnt. An alternative to cardio that will maintain and maybe even improve your long distance running would be trying hill sprints or another high intensity form of cardio. Secondly your reps are far to high to gain mass look up some advanced pushup and squat variations, Daniel has a tutorial for those, it should be in the tutorial section of the forum also look up some of the routines of LittlebeastM if your looking to get bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://bodyweightconvict.blogspot.com/
MutantSkillz

PostSubject: Re: need some help and advice on growth   need some help and advice on growth EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Just to add up to Lowreps ...

Don't need to take 4-5scoops of whey protein per day.. that's way too many. Just eat Healthy food that contains proteins like nuts.

keep it up and eat hard
Back to top Go down
Adamg22

PostSubject: Re: need some help and advice on growth   need some help and advice on growth EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:48 pm

hey thanks for the replys.. just to let you know i have never taken 4 - 5 scoops of whey in a day.. its just to give u an idea of what i would possibly eat..

thanks for that advice lowreps i think i am going to try some interval training and hill sprints to minimize my cardio sessions but still keep up my endurance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some help and advice on growth   need some help and advice on growth Empty

Back to top Go down

need some help and advice on growth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: