Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 1st muscle up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DozeroTh

DozeroTh

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-06-02
Age : 30
Location : Peru

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Finally!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I did it!!! I was like 1 week off the bar... eating eating eating..... sleeping sleeping sleeping.... and then... BOOOM I was UP!!! Very Happy!!! I was like 4 months trying to get it but I think my brain stopped me from doing it everytime I tried. Now its time to move forward!!! My next challenge is to get the BBR. I will give myself 1 year from now and post the advance every month.

Right now my numbers are:

Pull ups - 18
Dips - 33
Push ups - 60
Muscle ups - 1

Dont imagine you are giving a kiss to the bar... imagine you are giving your HEART!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SFX



Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Germany

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:43 pm

congratulation. i'm trying to reach the muscle up this year. I don't have the pull up strenght. What is your training like?

today i did 25 pull ups (1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1) with wide and normal grip and 34 l-sit chin ups (2-4-6-12-10). I have never tried to do as much consecutive pull ups as possible, but you can see 5 pull ups and 12 chin ups are my max in my workout.

i guess i can do about 30 to 40 push ups and ~20 dips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DozeroTh

DozeroTh

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-06-02
Age : 30
Location : Peru

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:49 pm

SFX wrote:
congratulation. i'm trying to reach the muscle up this year. I don't have the pull up strenght. What is your training like?

today i did 25 pull ups (1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1) with wide and normal grip and 34 l-sit chin ups (2-4-6-12-10). I have never tried to do as much consecutive pull ups as possible, but you can see 5 pull ups and 12 chin ups are my max in my workout.

i guess i can do about 30 to 40 push ups and ~20 dips.

Well... mostly I did the high volume routine. I used to start with series of 7 pull ups, and dont leave the park till i got 100 or 150 pull ups total with 1 - 1,5 min rest in between (grrrrrrrr!!!!).

Almost 1 time a week I do max pull ups series for 10 sets with a 1,5 - 2 min rest in between.

And well.. as I said... the last week I decided to do NOTHING ... and then.... BOOOOM it was like my body weighted nothing...

I think most part for the firsts muscle ups is the technique, then I dont know... just do it!

Try doing more reps... Im sure u can get a routine with at least 7 reps in all ur sets.

good luck!!!

PD: I think today im gonna try Metins suggest of 20 max sets... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

Posts : 711
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 29
Location : Collegeville, PA and Miami Beach, FL

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:12 am

Congrats man. That first MU gets u so stoaked, like you are looking down on the world from up there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

Posts : 731
Join date : 2010-07-05
Age : 41
Location : San Diego

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: so cool   1st muscle up EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 am

I got my first split bar muscle up today. can't use the straight bar to rest on half way up. felt awesome at the gym today. everybody was like what the hell, your gonna hit your head off the fans. lol Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SFX



Posts : 69
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Germany

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

DozeroTh wrote:
SFX wrote:
congratulation. i'm trying to reach the muscle up this year. I don't have the pull up strenght. What is your training like?

today i did 25 pull ups (1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1) with wide and normal grip and 34 l-sit chin ups (2-4-6-12-10). I have never tried to do as much consecutive pull ups as possible, but you can see 5 pull ups and 12 chin ups are my max in my workout.

i guess i can do about 30 to 40 push ups and ~20 dips.

Well... mostly I did the high volume routine. I used to start with series of 7 pull ups, and dont leave the park till i got 100 or 150 pull ups total with 1 - 1,5 min rest in between (grrrrrrrr!!!!).

Almost 1 time a week I do max pull ups series for 10 sets with a 1,5 - 2 min rest in between.

And well.. as I said... the last week I decided to do NOTHING ... and then.... BOOOOM it was like my body weighted nothing...

I think most part for the firsts muscle ups is the technique, then I dont know... just do it!

Try doing more reps... Im sure u can get a routine with at least 7 reps in all ur sets.

good luck!!!

PD: I think today im gonna try Metins suggest of 20 max sets... Twisted Evil

today i changed my system and tried to do 10 x 5 pull ups = 50 pull ups.

but i could only do 8 x 5 = 40 with 1,5 to 2 min rest between the sets. my next step is to increase the sets until i reach 10. And then i will start from scratch with 6 reps x 1....10 sets and so on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DozeroTh

DozeroTh

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-06-02
Age : 30
Location : Peru

1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm

SFX wrote:
DozeroTh wrote:
SFX wrote:
congratulation. i'm trying to reach the muscle up this year. I don't have the pull up strenght. What is your training like?

today i did 25 pull ups (1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1) with wide and normal grip and 34 l-sit chin ups (2-4-6-12-10). I have never tried to do as much consecutive pull ups as possible, but you can see 5 pull ups and 12 chin ups are my max in my workout.

i guess i can do about 30 to 40 push ups and ~20 dips.

Well... mostly I did the high volume routine. I used to start with series of 7 pull ups, and dont leave the park till i got 100 or 150 pull ups total with 1 - 1,5 min rest in between (grrrrrrrr!!!!).

Almost 1 time a week I do max pull ups series for 10 sets with a 1,5 - 2 min rest in between.

And well.. as I said... the last week I decided to do NOTHING ... and then.... BOOOOM it was like my body weighted nothing...

I think most part for the firsts muscle ups is the technique, then I dont know... just do it!

Try doing more reps... Im sure u can get a routine with at least 7 reps in all ur sets.

good luck!!!

PD: I think today im gonna try Metins suggest of 20 max sets... Twisted Evil

today i changed my system and tried to do 10 x 5 pull ups = 50 pull ups.

but i could only do 8 x 5 = 40 with 1,5 to 2 min rest between the sets. my next step is to increase the sets until i reach 10. And then i will start from scratch with 6 reps x 1....10 sets and so on.

Nice... very good, but dont stop at 40... put yourself a goal (maybe 50 or 60 total reps) and start with the sets you decide to do... when you get to the limit, continue with the same rest time but trying your best... It doesnt matter if u get only sets of 3 or 2.... but get the 50 or 60!

The next time u try again, u will see that it takes more sets to put you to your limit.

On the other hand... DAMN!! on monday I get to do 5 muscle ups, but yesterday I tried and tried and couldnt get any!!! maybe I was to sore... but then I decide to try a max dip and... wow!!! 37 reps!!! My body is quite crazy I think xD!!! So I continue with max dip sets for 10 sets total. I have a challenge with a few friends this weeks, so I hope all this advance will help me to get the little gamble we have put on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




1st muscle up Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st muscle up   1st muscle up Empty

Back to top Go down
 
1st muscle up
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Leg muscle workout for better stamina

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: