Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What I eat 1 hour before bedtime

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

What I eat 1 hour before bedtime Empty
PostSubject: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 pm

1/2 cup-1cup of Cottage Cheese, 1-2 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter on Celery, 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil,

In rat experiments the amount of IGF-1 mRNA in the liver was positively associated with dietary casein (Cottage Cheese is a great source of Casien Protein) and negatively associated with a protein free diet

IGF-1 is a primary mediator of the effects of growth hormone (GH). Growth hormone is made in the pituitary gland, is released into the blood stream, and then stimulates the liver to produce IGF-1. IGF-1 then stimulates systemic body growth, and has growth-promoting effects on almost every cell in the body, especially skeletal muscle, cartilage, bone, liver, kidney, nerves, skin, hematopoietic cell, and lungs.
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 am

I also do cottage cheese before bed. Very Happy

Have you considered Flax oil John? Really can help with the recovery process.
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Tree-Trunk wrote:

How?
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Mdrop wrote:
Tree-Trunk wrote:

How?

- Helps protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention, sticky platelets and lowered immune function.

- Shortens recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion.

- Increases the body's production of energy and also increases stamina.

- Accelerates the healing of sprains and bruises.

- Eases weight loss in people afflicted with obesity.

- Stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat.

- Improves the absorption of Calcium.

- Strengthens finger and toenails.

Just some of the benefits. Very Happy

Exactly how it works in the body is beyond my current grasp but it comes up trumps in several scientific studies. That's good enough for me.

I make salad dressings with it. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Tree-Trunk wrote:

- Helps protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention, sticky platelets and lowered immune function.

- Stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat.

Exactly how it works in the body is beyond my current grasp but it comes up trumps in several scientific studies. That's good enough for me.

Soooooo what are these assumptions based on? The type of fat (omega 3) or is there something else? Btw im not meaning to attack you
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Mdrop wrote:
Tree-Trunk wrote:

Soooooo what are these assumptions based on? The type of fat (omega 3) or is there something else? Btw im not meaning to attack you

More Omega 6 if I remember correctly. As well as some vitamins and minerals. There have been several studies over the years on the stuff. Basically it is good s**t.

I am staying with family at the moment so I don't have my text books to hand so I can't give any citations. But Google and Wiki are free for all to use bounce
Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Great Stuff!   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 pm

@ Tree-Trunk. Yeah I agree I like Flax Oil. I currently have Extra Virgin Olive Oil. but I also use HEMP Oil. HEMP Oil is of high nutritional value because its 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids, which matches the balance required by the human body.

Oils Containing both Omega 6 and Omega 3 (ratio)

Hemp 3:1 (deemed optimum)
Flax 1:4
Canola 2:1
Soybean 7:1

The omega 3 fatty acids in flax oil are a whopping 55 percent, in the form of ALA, or alpha linoleic acid. While hemp oil contains a lesser amount of ALA, it also contains another fatty acid called GLA (gamma linoleic acid) that flax oil does not have. A choice between the two should be made after a careful evaluation of individual dietary needs. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Why not just eat the whole food rather than the oil? Isolated nutrients don't work the same in the body.
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Bdog wrote:
Why not just eat the whole food rather than the oil? Isolated nutrients don't work the same in the body.

I eat a lot of whole foods already. I sprinkle seed mixes on my salads but I still want a dressing with it. Why not pick an oil which is good for you?

If my memory serves me correctly quite a few of the studies where on the oil not the seed.

Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Gentleman John wrote:
@ Tree-Trunk. Yeah I agree I like Flax Oil. I currently have Extra Virgin Olive Oil. but I also use HEMP Oil. HEMP Oil is of high nutritional value because its 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids, which matches the balance required by the human body.

The omega 3 fatty acids in flax oil are a whopping 55 percent, in the form of ALA, or alpha linoleic acid. While hemp oil contains a lesser amount of ALA, it also contains another fatty acid called GLA (gamma linoleic acid) that flax oil does not have. A choice between the two should be made after a careful evaluation of individual dietary needs. Very Happy

This is not an attack on you or anyone affiliated.

ALA is the b**ch of the omega 3's. Only 10% is actually converted into eicosopentinoic acid (the reason omega 3's are so good). Trust me when i say you get more than plenty of omega 6's in your diet btw. The average american gets a ratio of 36:1 (omega 6 to omega 3)
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 am

Mdrop wrote:
Gentleman John wrote:

This is not an attack on you or anyone affiliated.

ALA is the b**ch of the omega 3's. Only 10% is actually converted into eicosopentinoic acid (the reason omega 3's are so good). Trust me when i say you get more than plenty of omega 6's in your diet btw. The average american gets a ratio of 36:1 (omega 6 to omega 3)

How many Muscle ups can the average american do then??
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Tree-Trunk wrote:

How many Muscle ups can the average american do then??

I think 0... What is your point tho? My point was that omega 6 supplementation is unnecessary and bad, and if you want omega 3's flax products are expensive and ineffective. Im not trying to come off rude or sharp or anything btw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I eat 1 hour before bedtime   What I eat 1 hour before bedtime Empty

Back to top Go down

What I eat 1 hour before bedtime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: