Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warrior Diet

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jav

Jav

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Starting the warrior diet today. Was wondering if anyone has tried it. The basic idea is to undereat during the day and have one hugee meal at night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1346029494
fkncody

fkncody

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Works for some people, doesn't work for others. I personally am trying this http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html while eating according to the primal blueprint principles. I like it better than eating only once a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:57 pm

considering i always pig out, i'd say that, when i've been following it, it worked miracles Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TauhuToa

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 am

i did warrior diet for about 6 months, was great when i was living alone and working all day but now im back at university i lack the discipline to not eat when theres so many delicious smells wafting around me. Now i sticking to a psuedo paleo diet. i.e. paleo but drinking lots of milk as well.
Ori Hofmekler knows his stuff tho, great book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 pm

J_Colon85 wrote:
Starting the warrior diet today. Was wondering if anyone has tried it. The basic idea is to undereat during the day and have one hugee meal at night.

How would that be advantageous tho? I have not looked into it or anything at all but it just sounds like a bad idea. You convert things more easily into fat at night bc ur metabolism changes, and the lack of energy during the day would cause you to lose more muscle.... Please correct me if im wrong or just tell me the idea behind this diet (kinda busy these days)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Mdrop wrote:
J_Colon85 wrote:

How would that be advantageous tho? I have not looked into it or anything at all but it just sounds like a bad idea. You convert things more easily into fat at night bc ur metabolism changes, and the lack of energy during the day would cause you to lose more muscle.... Please correct me if im wrong or just tell me the idea behind this diet (kinda busy these days)

There are loads of food related myths out there. Eating at night doesn't make you fat unless you're eating too much. Eating at your BMR throughout the day vs eating only at night won't make you fat. You'll probably even see improvements in body composition because meal frequency is inversely correlated with fat/muscle ratios.

Lack of energy is only because the body isn't used to actually using stored energy. Most of the time it runs off of food energy. This eating style allows your body to more easily utilize body fat and glycogen for energy during the day. You'll only lose muscle mass if you don't eat enough to support it. In the beginning, it's hard to eat enough to fuel your workouts, but over time your appetite grows and you learn to eat what you need.

It's not a bad diet. I tried it out, but I prefer intermittent fasting over undereating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jav

Jav

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 am

fkncody wrote:
Works for some people, doesn't work for others. I personally am trying this http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html while eating according to the primal blueprint principles. I like it better than eating only once a day.

Just read it. Sounds pretty good. Going to start that today. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was really expecting some "thats so stupid" remarks. And if someone out there is thinking about trying it, do it. I find im not tired at all throughout the fasting stage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1346029494
Tree-Trunk

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:40 pm

fkncody wrote:

Really dubious about this. I read the information on it and the interview with the author. He claims there to be no studies or evidence for the notion of eating small and frequent meals yet I can't find one point of reference for his own claims. Not one study cited.

For me this is to be ignored until the author presents a more solid case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Warrior Diet Hofmekler-host
Ori Hofmekler looks like a picture of health on his diet.
Razz

Warrior Diet OriHofmekler

That just don't impress me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 pm

A 50+ year old with visible abs and low body fat doesn't impress you? His claims are a reach, but his method can work. He mentions studies in his book, "Maximum Muscle, Minimum Fat"

At the end of the day, his way is just a fancy way of calorie restriction. Intermittent fasting, calorie counting, paleo diet, etc. are all ways to control your calories. Some require less work than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:07 pm

raja wrote:
A 50+ year old with visible abs and low body fat doesn't impress you?

No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DAmore

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:51 pm

I've been on the warrior diet before and I just recently started it back up again. I personally love it. So far I'm getting good results, but its definitely not for everyone. I prob eat on average about 500 cal of lean protein/fruits/veggies through the day. The rest of my caloric intake is at dinner after my workout. Good luck with the diet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jav

Jav

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm

I love this diet, easy to follow... if you can deal with being hungry for a while. Nothing is better than stuffing your face and not having to feel like a fat a$$ for it.
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 pm

so the idea is u eat almost nothing throughout the day and then 1 big meal in the evening? simple as that? i think i have done someting similar. somehow i felt stronger when i used to do that.

throughout the day u can eat fruit and some small protein meals right? some boiled egg, nuts, etc..? oh and veggies ofc?

just kinda summarizing and trying to get the clear picture.. ^^

does this work well when working out for you? or not?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 pm

yeah.. simple.
tiny meals in comparison to the giant meal u get in the evening or before bed. it works for me 2 because i usualy workout right before i go to bed. u get a bigass boost of energy all the while u get just tired enough after to go to bed. and if u destroy ur muscles before bed time and eat like this, muscles use most of the food to regenerate. so no biggie. and lil fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DAmore

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Its also important that you alternate between high fat and high carb days. Just don't have the two on the same day.

As for the meals during the day only eat fruits/veggies/leans protein - no fats during the day. This is because after a while your body will be running on stored fats during the day. You don't want to mess up the cycle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:34 pm

I really like how the Warrior Diet introduced me to Intermittent Fasting. It's more practical in my opinion. Just make sure you don't take it to extremes. It's hard to get enough calories when following a meal frequency that limits the amount of time you eat for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 am

how about mild during the day? is it allowed? like normal one? is even low fat mild allowed?

sounds like smthg i would like to try out for a while.. actually it is KINDA the way i eat now. only that i have 1 or 2 beers sometimes in the evening with my meal or after or before my meal Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am

pulldoggpull wrote:
how about mild during the day? is it allowed? like normal one? is even low fat mild allowed?

sounds like smthg i would like to try out for a while.. actually it is KINDA the way i eat now. only that i have 1 or 2 beers sometimes in the evening with my meal or after or before my meal Razz

Don't confine yourself to "rules" for eating. If you want milk, have it. At the end of the day, calories in and calories out are what really matter. There isn't enough research out there to prove that meal frequency is crucial. Reduced meal frequency is shown to improve markers of health(blood pressure, triglyceride levels, etc.) though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jav

Jav

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:30 pm

raja wrote:
pulldoggpull wrote:

Don't confine yourself to "rules" for eating. If you want milk, have it. At the end of the day, calories in and calories out are what really matter. There isn't enough research out there to prove that meal frequency is crucial. Reduced meal frequency is shown to improve markers of health(blood pressure, triglyceride levels, etc.) though.

I agree. Its your diet, edit it how you want.
Back to top Go down
Jav

Jav

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:33 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
so the idea is u eat almost nothing throughout the day and then 1 big meal in the evening? simple as that? i think i have done someting similar. somehow i felt stronger when i used to do that.

throughout the day u can eat fruit and some small protein meals right? some boiled egg, nuts, etc..? oh and veggies ofc?

just kinda summarizing and trying to get the clear picture.. ^^

does this work well when working out for you? or not?

Yea thats correct. Works for me when working out. I drink a small protein shake before I workout though.
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 pm

ok so.. throughout the day some veggies fruit milk protein rich low fat food and then at the evening a BIG GOOD PIG MEAL. lol

sounds good. ima do this pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DAmore

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Its definitely an amazing feeling after you eat that last meal every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm

DAmore wrote:
Its definitely an amazing feeling after you eat that last meal every day.
If you can survive until dinnertime. I always recommend people start out slow by pushing their first meal back slowly. Instead of eating at 7 am, eat at 8 am, then 9 am, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DAmore

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 pm

That's a good idea. I just jumped into it when I first started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Warrior Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Diet   Warrior Diet Empty

Back to top Go down

Warrior Diet
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next