Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zraigy7

Running  Empty
PostSubject: Running    Running  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

I have a quick question. I am going to start doing more cardio,because i have been slacking on it lately due to work and school. So i am going to be cardio in the early morning before i eat breakfast. I was wondering if i alternate distance(i.e. 2 or 3 miles to start with) one day and the next day do HITT will this be a good cardio program? and my rest day will be saturday or sunday. I still want to put on a little mass and become stronger. I will be eating a high carbmeal after the run/workout session. Usually a 1/2 cup of oatmeal,flaxseed,some natural peanut or almond butter and a scoop of whey protein with maybe one string cheese.(After this tub of protein i am going to focus on natural foods and no more protein powder) and maybe even some egg whites. Does this seem like a good cardio workout program and recovery meal? I am also used to rnning 2-3 miles, i have only not been running as much, i didnt completely quit.
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

Running  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running    Running  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Sounds fine to me as long as the distance runs aren't really a strenuous workout. Putting too much pressure on the knees will end your running program quick. Also, if it were me, I would eat something before HIIT runs (like a banana and apple or something like that) to give you more energy for the intense running.
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

Running  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running    Running  EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:43 am

I would second avoiding HIIT on an empty stomach. I personally would avoid cardio on an empry stomach. However the army/navy do it that way. But they have different aims.

You don't make it clear what yours are.

Back to top Go down
TauhuToa

Running  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running    Running  EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:08 am

i used to run everymorning wen training for fights on an empty stomach for about 8kms (dont know what that is in miles) and had no problems. HIIT in the morning on an empty stomach is probly a little counter productive, a banana hotdog (banana wrapped in a slice of wholemeal bread) should do fine tho, and also be sure to warm up real good before hand, because ur body hasnt moved all night.
Back to top Go down
zraigy7

Running  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running    Running  EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 am

My goals are actually to prepare for athe Army. I am joining in about a year so i am preparing now. I am also on a low carb diet to help me get ripped. does anyone have any advice on how i should eat to help become ripped and still put on a little mass? I will post a link to my meals for the day. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Zraigy7
I add food as i go during the day. The meals that look small will balance out. Also meal 5 and 6 for today are going to be my pre and post workout meals for my second run today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running    Running  Empty

Back to top Go down

Running
Page 1 of 1