Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

eggzzz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
superbenx

superbenx

eggzzz                         Empty
PostSubject: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Last edited by superbenx on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhilPot

PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:46 pm

I honestly dont know what the risk is... like statistics or whatever, but I do know as long as the egg IS salmonella free your all good. I personally think they taste better cooked anyways Razz
the part about the salmonella being on the shell... Im thinkin thats bs. Im pretty sure its in the actual part you eat. maybe someone else will correct me though.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:47 pm

"In 2001 (the most current collection data available at the CDC), only 11.3 cases were found per 100,000 people. That is a percentage risk of only 0.0113%."

"Just for reference, the odds of getting hit by lightning are 1 in 280,000 or 0.00036% (according to NOAA). - 31 more times likely to get salmonellosis than to be struck by lightning."

http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/knowledge_base/kb/salmonella_in_eggs_weighing_up_the_risks.htm

Those are the statistics for the United States. If that's an acceptable risk to you, then go for it. I'd rather be on the safe side and just cook it all the way through and force the eggs down, but I also can't stand the texture and taste of raw eggs.
Back to top Go down
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 pm

imo u people think way too much.
raw eggs taste like s**t, salmonela aint common but better safe then sorry.
u can hardboil them and its practically the same + it can be used with loads of other good foods without tasting like liquid s**t all the way.
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 pm

superbenx wrote:
I heard alot about its benefits and I think its much easier to drink alot of eggs in morning than cooking or fryin..

but this Salmonela or something so called disease scare the s**t out of me...

I know that the egg is as healthy as its chicken and the chicken is as healthy as the enviroment and the food it eats... so unless I have my own chickens in my backyard I cant drink raw eggs?

Or buy organic free range farmin?
I also heard Salmonela is on the shell of the egg and if you wash it its ok
and the risk to get the salmonela is 1 to 40,000 eggs...

The heating process releases things that are good for you, so cook your eggs. Plus ive never really met a guy who cant eat 7 eggs scrammbled (it turns into a very small amount) and thats 49g protein. Your body can only absorb around 50 at a time (way high limit).

The only time we ever saw a biotin deficiency was when bodybuilders started taking all of their eggs raw.

Salmonella is another thing - which i know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
superbenx

superbenx

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:30 pm

i dont know man i can eat only 4 scrambled eggs max or i get sick of it but i can drink 6-10 eggs and feel empty lol
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:19 pm

superbenx wrote:
i dont know man i can eat only 4 scrambled eggs max or i get sick of it but i can drink 6-10 eggs and feel empty lol

4 scrambled eggs plus two slices whole wheat toast and a glass of milk has a good balance of carbs fat and protein and has about 44 g protein. Adding peanut butter or more milk would boost it,and ur higher end absorption would be 50 g. Plus eggs have no carbs. Without 50-60% of your calories comming from carbs you cant build lean body mass.
Back to top Go down
raja

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Raw eggs have certain benefits that cooked eggs don't have. Cooked eggs have certain benefits that raw eggs don't have. Most eggs that you get in America aren't of very good quality, so I wouldn't consume raw eggs unless they came from pastured chickens and a clean farm.

There's an article about it on Mark's Daily Apple, but I'll have to look it up.
Back to top Go down
daredevil

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 am

What would be the advantages of raw eggs? Not even mentioning the risk of salmonella or something like that, I simply do not know of any possible advantage.

I think it's pure myth, some macho-man idea that got popular somewhat like "no pain, no gain" and this sort of thing. Probably because it looks kind of disgusting someone thought that "thus" it ought be good, since junk food, that is tastier, isn't very healthy food. But it's also somewhat like an extension of the "no pain, no gain" logic to foods.

What I do know is that through heat, the egg proteins (any protein, for that matter) get denaturated (that is, they break into smaller structures), which eases the task of our bodies in harvesting its amino acids.

But perhaps there's something else I do not know.

Back to top Go down
raja

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 am

Totally forgot about this thread and the article.

Here it is:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/drinking-raw-eggs/
Back to top Go down
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 am

BleHz0r wrote:
imo u people think way too much.

YES. agree 1,000%
Back to top Go down
IL DUCE

IL DUCE

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:43 pm

I drink raw eggs, but not without adding stuff to it. I come from an Italian background which has a few drinks with raw eggs in it and I would usually have it as a pick-me-up in the morning. I have done this for over 20 years and never been sick from it.

I have had all different kinds of eggs, but I prefer free range.

The way I drink it is by placing one egg in long cup, add a teaspoon of sugar, whisk it up and then add a shot of espresso. There is a proper Italain name for the drink but I call it a eggaccino. I have it more for the taste than the protein boost.

The eating/drinking of raw eggs became popular when Rocky Movie came out. Also Bruce Lee drank raw eggs too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eggzzz    eggzzz                         Empty

Back to top Go down

eggzzz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: