Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Milk vs Protein Shakes

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
erelax

Milk vs Protein Shakes Empty
PostSubject: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Does anyone favour one or the other or both at the same time? what would be best to use for someone at the beginning of training?

Are there any major benefits for each one? or major flaws?

Any advice from people would be greatly appreciated

thanks
-Sam
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 pm

stay away from protein shakes!

drink milk!

(btw this topic is in the nutrition section like 123124 times ^^ check it out Wink)
Back to top Go down
monsoon

monsoon

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 am

pulldoggpull wrote:
stay away from protein shakes!

drink milk!

(btw this topic is in the nutrition section like 123124 times ^^ check it out Wink)

Whats wrong with protein shake?
Back to top Go down
Adamas

Adamas

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 am

There is nothing bad with protein shakes man. Well protein powder is not so good soluble in milk, but im drinking it with milk because its delicious. And off course i am drinking milk without protein shake, because in my milk that I have in fridge right now is 100ml/3,2g proteins so thats 32g on one bottle of milk, so thats good!
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 am

protein shakes make u weak
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:43 am

if u wanna grow make get ur diet right. check the post "protein shakes" for more information. and there is a lot of stuff wrong with protein shakes.

http://bar-barians.forumotion.com/nutrition-f2/protein-shakes-t1408.htm
Back to top Go down
raja

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 am

Protein shakes are processed beyond belief. While they are useful for a select amount of people(elite athletes, bodybuilders), they're not very useful for regular people who exercise maybe 10 hours per week.

They're isolated nutrients that can be used correctly, but they lack the satiation factor of whole foods as well. If you're trying to gain significant amounts of weight, then that can be a good thing, but you don't get much, if anything in terms of nutrition(vitamins, minerals, etc.) from protein shakes. You're better off by eating good foods.
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:49 pm

even elite athletes use creatine or creatine compounds on tested programs to get what they need. protein shakes rly suck and so almost no good. why not eat a couple of eggs more or drink more mild or eat +1 meal daily O.o
Back to top Go down
raja

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:23 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
even elite athletes use creatine or creatine compounds on tested programs to get what they need. protein shakes rly suck and so almost no good. why not eat a couple of eggs more or drink more mild or eat +1 meal daily O.o

Creatine is useful, but it can be harmful if you don't use it correctly. If you don't cycle off of it, your body will stop naturally producing creatine. Also, creatine allows your muscles to better utilize energy. However, this doesn't mean that the connective tissue(joints) are ready for this increase. If you slowly increase the intensity of your workouts you will better prepare your joints. Otherwise you can seriously hurt yourself and be out of commission for a while.
Back to top Go down
inevitablediss

inevitablediss

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Milk is alot better I think, more sugar yes but you can drink it before bed and have it digest over 3 hours.
The milk I have is 57.5grams per litre Very Happy pretty awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
PhilPot

PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Milk is natural... its made to gain weight. natures way of turning a teeny calf into a freaking huge cow sooo... yeah xD Go milk over protein shakes any day.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
scyth3r6

scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:02 am

MILK... lots of it, full fat is my preference!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/scyth3r6
omaro

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Ive always used shakes up until a few weeks ago. Or i still use it, only with breakfast, I mix it with oats and milk in a blender and drink it. For postworkout i drink chocolate milk or regular milk with banana.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir

Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:00 am

milk is cheaper, more natural
Back to top Go down
dancingbar

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:32 pm

as i know milk a lot of lactose hard digest, espescially lactose toralate
Back to top Go down
ohiosteve

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:34 am

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protein shakes. They are a convenient way to get more protein into your diet. Protein does more than build muscle, by the way.
Back to top Go down
PhilPot

PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:12 am

ohiosteve wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with protein shakes. They are a convenient way to get more protein into your diet. Protein does more than build muscle, by the way.

Over processed, loaded with chemicals that don't need to be there, not to mention the fact that strait shots of nutrients isn't the most efficient way to absorb it. I'll take my eggs and tuna and milk. One can of tuna = 23g of protein. Thats more then most protein powders have in a single serving, and I can down two cans of tuna together no problem. And its all natural, and all natural is almost always better for you (not always obviously, cuz theres plenty of natural stuff that'll kill ya xD)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 am

their nothink bad about them
check this up right....

say your like 200lb you need around 200 grams a protien a day!!
Now do u understand how many chicken and tuna ports and other foods u need ALOT

most people buy this stuff cuz its help get protine in to your systerm a lot faster than food myt i say because u drink with a liquid also they buy it cuz it save time they dont wana be going shop ever day buy s**t loads of eggs and tunna ever day yes eat all the good food by al means
but think about suplements ...

how are they over processed dude ?
and what chemicals ?
do u even know how it is made with out googleing it ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Lwaterman92
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Philpot is right here you do not need to add protein and you don't need 200 grams if you weigh 200. You have to make sure you're eating plenty of calories from whole foods with all their nutrients in tact. The body doesn't recognize isolated nutrients the same and more is not always better. I used to buy all those protein powders and now I'm glad I don't and I save alot more money. Also most powders are loaded with all kinds of chemicals just read the ingredients.
Back to top Go down
ohiosteve

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:17 pm

That's great that you can slam 2 cans of tuna, but Whey protein has other properties, besides convenience, that make it valuable. It is highly stimulating to the immune system, and seems to be the best method of obtaining glutathione, arguably the most valuable antioxidant in the body. Glutathione is considered a "master antioxidant" because it destroys free radicals and is intimately involved in the detoxification of carcinogens. The white blood cells and the liver use glutathione to detoxify poisons in the body. Unfortunately, it is very hard if not impossible to obtain glutathione through diet or even supplements. It is made by the body, and the best way to make sure you have it is to provide your body with the essential amino acids(the building blocks) that it needs to create glutathione. Whey protein powder has been shown to be one of the best sources of these glutathione building blocks.
Back to top Go down
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 pm

@ bdog
published by the ADA, DOC and ACSM recommends that endurance and strength-trained athletes have between 1.2 and 1.7 g/kg (0.5 - 0.8 grams per pound) of protein for the best performance and health.
Back to top Go down
ohiosteve

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:40 am

That recommendation is flawed also.
Back to top Go down
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:20 am

Lwaterman92 wrote:
@ bdog
published by the ADA, DOC and ACSM recommends that endurance and strength-trained athletes have between 1.2 and 1.7 g/kg (0.5 - 0.8 grams per pound) of protein for the best performance and health.
There's many studies that say different, but we weren't talking about how much protein you need we were talking about protein shakes where does it say you need isolated protein in powder form that can sit on the shelf for up to a year before it's even sold?
Back to top Go down
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 am

@ bdog where does it say u can't..
and theirs more research out their what supports them
and i can guarantee their a lot more people who agree with me that their are really good just look at reviews sales that sort of thing do your research you know what im saying ..
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 am

Lwaterman92 wrote:
i can guarantee their a lot more people who agree with me that their are really good

I don't have anything against protein shakes. If I don't have enough time to cook and I need something, I'll make one.

I just wanted to point out that the argument I quoted is a logical fallacy. It's an appeal to popularity (or Ad Populum). Just because more people may agree with you does not mean that it is true. Truth is not a democracy, the "ayes" don't decide it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milk vs Protein Shakes   Milk vs Protein Shakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Milk vs Protein Shakes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next