Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

food before/after/while workout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WolfpacK

WolfpacK

food before/after/while workout Empty
PostSubject: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:54 pm

what do you eat before, after and perhaps while training to get the most out of you? some suggestions would be great...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 pm

I just... eat... xD right after a workout, I usually just down some milk or something, its natures perfect protein shake Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
superbenx

superbenx

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I recently noticed people here have huge Milk Obsession Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

Ken

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Damn right superbenx, including me lol...

I usually eat cottage cheese and tuna fish after workouts + some milk and bananas(!). When I need more energy I also drink a glass of good juice Razz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 pm

what you have and how long you had it before your workout will determine if you need to have anything during the workout and how quickly afterwards you need to be downing something,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:14 am

all bs. it all varies and changes depending on your own eating habbits.

check the warrior diet threat. or simply.. nvm..

i am on warrior diet atm. basically when i started i was eating enough to jsut make it through my workouts. and not i dnt even need that anymore tbh. i can just wake up and go work out 2-3 h only drink water and mby an apple or so and i am strong and fit like s**t. (not that i am always doing it or smthg and stop negativity here please) just trying to make a point that it all depends on how ur eating habbits are atm. if u teach ur body that every evening there is a big meal and throughout the day small bits with high protein. then this is what it will be doing and from where it takes all the energy from etc..

if u teach ur body that it needs to get fueled before and every after workout. then unfortunately/fortunately this is what ur body will demand from that on. your body just does what u "tell"/teach him to do. and u must see what u like doing ofc.

am i making myself clear? ^^ its actually pretty simple Very Happy

for me, i have seen great results in strength, leanness but also gaining size with the warrior diet. which goes a bit against what most ppl think. but the inches and additional kgs while losing fat speak for themselves.

sry for long posts just hate how ppl sometimes just write stuff without thinking if it is rly good in the long run etc.. or just standard stuff.. or stupid stuff..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolfpacK

WolfpacK

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 am

yeah thanks for the long comment, I know what you mean;)!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 am

I eat 1 - 2 hours before training usually just lean protein and veggies, i never eat during i train, but my post workout meal is usually just 2 glasses of milk and 4-6 scoops of peanut butter or a cup of cashews.Dont go crazy just make sure you get enough protein and depending on your goals monitor your carbs and fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

BEFORE - alot of fruits mixxed up in a blender

after - milk,carrots,oatmeal and tomatos in the blender
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:55 pm

LittleBeastM - SS3 wrote:
BEFORE - alot of fruits mixxed up in a blender

after - milk,carrots,oatmeal and tomatos in the blender

whatup with the tomatoes lbm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:04 pm

yea man mixed up tomatoes? that must taste disgusting lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 am

normally i just eat fruit around 30 mins before i workout - does the job, and not so heavy on your stomach so that when i'm doing HSPU it doesn't come back up!!!

on the other hand, i really notice if i don't eat before a workout - just feel weak as.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: food before/after/while workout   food before/after/while workout Empty

Back to top Go down

food before/after/while workout
Page 1 of 1