Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Concern. Help please

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

Concern. Help please Empty
PostSubject: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:15 am

Ive read a lot of posts and ive read that some people train everyday while some take a days rest...
Being 14 im curious whether i can train everyday or take a days rest considering im growing.
So my concern is. Can i do bodyweight everyday??
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:21 am

lionzrulz wrote:
Ive read a lot of posts and ive read that some people train everyday while some take a days rest...
Being 14 im curious whether i can train everyday or take a days rest considering im growing.
So my concern is. Can i do bodyweight everyday??
Thanks in advance

ITS YOUR BODY
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 am

Than thats a yes
Thank you Razz
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 am

As LBM said... it's your body. If you not in pain when exercising, you're fine to do so, if you are.. you probably should stop and take a day off to recover lest you do some serious damage.

EDIT - On the growing thing... so long as you're not doing weight training you don't have to worry at all... just make sure you get plenty of sleep Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Disembowelment

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 am

I think 14 is prime time to work out, wish I had started that young myself (in calisthenics, I used to run a lot as a teenager due to being a soccer addict)

Push yourself boy! workout whenever you're in the mood for it, if you're too sore take some time off ( a day or two ) then get back to it. Try new things, work on your balance, do some running... s**t this is THE time to really get into things. Best of luck in your training.
Back to top Go down
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Start off slow and then progress.
As said, you are still growing, your joints and muscles are not used to heavy workout yet. When you're feeling pain, stop and take rest till your body tells you that you can workout again.
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:06 am

alrighty ill keep that in mind, thanks Smile
id love to do every second of the day but sometimes i can never find that little bit more of motivation
anyways thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cen

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Training through pain I myself find to be better than what exercise science books say. There's a point of exercise that goes beyond pain and is purely based on your body no longer functioning correctly.

There is risk of injury, but when your body becomes accustomed to doing what it's told while being weak and hurting imagine what it could do rested up. Amazing things.

The most important part of this training is the change in your mentality. Doing workouts past pain takes the fear of feeling hurt out of you. There is nothing you cannot do. Before you conquer movement through pain, you must win the battle inside your mind, this is the way to do it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/cory108
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 am

Depends, if it's pain through musculature exhaustion, then yes I agree.

If it's pain though injury then no as there is a good chance you'll make things much worse.
Back to top Go down
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 am

Tim wrote:
Depends, if it's pain through musculature exhaustion, then yes I agree.

If it's pain though injury then no as there is a good chance you'll make things much worse.

That's the point.

If you really want to keep on training when you're injured, then do it. But if you'r fucked up completely afterwards and you have to stop training for a really long time, don't start crying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concern. Help please   Concern. Help please Empty

Back to top Go down

Concern. Help please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: Videos-
Jump to: