Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

want to gain weight?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

want to gain weight? Empty
PostSubject: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 pm

here is a easy and simple way to put on weight if thats your goal. it requires discipline, but its easy because it's delicious food.

along with your regular meals, eat 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich and drink 1 cup of chocolate milk every 2 hours. sub regular whole milk or a protein bar for the chocolate milk if you have to. do this as long as it takes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 pm

TheHouDeani wrote:
here is a easy and simple way to put on weight if thats your goal. it requires discipline, but its easy because it's delicious food.

along with your regular meals, eat 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich and drink 1 cup of chocolate milk every 2 hours. sub regular whole milk or a protein bar for the chocolate milk if you have to. do this as long as it takes.

That... seems almost excessive... I'm gaining weight, 7lbs of muscle since I started, barely any extra fat (I'm still as cut as when I started), but it seems like that would just cause some excess fat...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:46 pm

everybody's body works differently man. some dudes have always had trouble putting on size(either fat or muscle)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilPot

PhilPot

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 pm

TheHouDeani wrote:
everybody's body works differently man. some dudes have always had trouble putting on size(either fat or muscle)

True, just sayin that seems almost more excessive the the GOMAD thing xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/PhilliamDane
fkncody

fkncody

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 am

TheHouDeani wrote:

along with your regular meals, eat 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich and drink 1 cup of chocolate milk every 2 hours.

That's a lot of sugar over the course of a day, definitely not healthy lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:42 am

You'll definitely gain weight, but the majority of it will be fat. That's about an extra 640 calories every two hours ( http://nutrition.about.com/od/nutritionforchildren/a/pbj.htm http://www.nutrientfacts.com/foodpages/calories/calories_chocolate_milk.htm). If you do that even 8 times (16 hours awake, 8 hours asleep), that's an extra 5120 calories. That's getting close to an extra pound and a half of calories every day, or over 43 pounds in 30 days. No one's body can build that much muscle that quickly. Instead, with optimum nutrition, training, and recovery, adding this protocol would most likely result in 39-41 pounds of additional fat in that 30 day period. The reason why most ectomorphs ("hard gainer") have trouble gaining muscle is simply that they don't eat enough and their bodies aren't geared to do that naturally. They have to work at it to get their body going in that direction. So, even for ectomorphs this would not be a good nutrition protocol. I'm not meaning to bash on you here, but if you're doing this to gain muscle mass, I'd suggest finding a less extreme plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BleHz0r

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 am

uum.. take out bread, eat peanut butter with a spoon. about 3 spoons and normal milk and i think ure good. tho every 2 hours would be better.
ive been doing it and my bf% is the same or lower but i did gain a few pounds. peanut butter aint that cheap tho where i come from lol xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 pm

BleHz0r wrote:
uum.. take out bread, eat peanut butter with a spoon. about 3 spoons and normal milk and i think ure good. tho every 2 hours would be better.
ive been doing it and my bf% is the same or lower but i did gain a few pounds. peanut butter aint that cheap tho where i come from lol xD

+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

you should call this topic
want to gain FAT lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Lwaterman92
raja

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Milk does a body good. I've been noticing that it's getting easier and easier to drink more and more of it daily.

Eating a sandwich would be hard every 2 hours. Just focus on eating more overall. GOMAD isn't necessarily a bad idea. I used to think it was, but my mind has been changed.

Edit: Make sure if you want to gain muscle, you're exercising hard regularly. Heavy squats and deadlifts help a ton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: want to gain weight?   want to gain weight? Empty

Back to top Go down

want to gain weight?
Page 1 of 1