Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Intro Midwestern Style

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Static D

Intro Midwestern Style Empty
PostSubject: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:13 am

Hello, my real name is Demond Thompson, and I've been training over half my life. I started out like everyone else did with bodybuilding principles because I hadn't heard of any other options. I pretty much did the same things and got few results for a long time. I was exercising and I was happy. Evidently I got pretty big too.

Well, I discovered calisthenics through Matt Furey about 5 years ago and did his Royal Court exercises and saw some improvement and enjoyed working out again. I have since tried kettlebells, which are fun, and I also have tried some of Scott Sonnon's works as well.

I got introduced to this style of working out by seeing a video of the Calisthenics Kings recently and I love the flow and freestyle feel to it.

My goals revolved around handbalancing right now. I'm studying to be a massage therapist, so I have to take care of my wrists and adding this different style to my training seems to be what the doctor ordered.

My biggest goal is to do a free handstand pushup before August 10th, which is my 35th birthday. I do know that strengthening the pulling muscles will help my pushing muscles so here I am.

I'm eyeballing the Bar-barian challenge too. :-)

Be safe and keep up the great work!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uk Jay

uk Jay

PostSubject: Re: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Welcome to the Forums Brother and i hope you reach ya handstand push ups by ya birthday..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Quote :
I'm eyeballing the Bar-barian challenge too. :-)

Welcome and good luck!

I'm eyeballing that challenge as well!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thuglife09

thuglife09

PostSubject: Re: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:05 am

welcome to tha club i hope u come with your own unique style peace...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Static D

PostSubject: Re: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 am

Thank you very much. I will because that's what I do. When I have a video camera and I'm completely healed from a hamstring injury, I'm going to definitely add to what is thought possible. ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muver27

muver27

PostSubject: Re: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 pm

welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro Midwestern Style   Intro Midwestern Style Empty

Back to top Go down

Intro Midwestern Style
Page 1 of 1