Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

intermitted fasting - need some help.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

intermitted fasting - need some help. Empty
PostSubject: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:38 pm

i did already read a lot of things about it. and there are a lot of different ways to do it. in solitary fitness charles bronson for example advices to take 2 days per month off food and drink water and juice. just to clean up and stay healthy.

also did read about some circles like 1 day per week or eat only every other day.

positive effects would be better health, longer life span and few more (as far as i did get the correct info add please if you got more)

how about negative effects? i dont rly belive if u fast 2 days per month or 1 day per week that there will be any sort of muscle, strength or anything else loss. so can there be negative effects to it afterall?

for me i couldnt find any personally.

so what have you tried out? what has worked for you and how? ideas thoughts?

i would go for the 2 days per month or 1 day per week ones, actually right now i didnt eat anything for 24h, just juice and water. would appreciate feedback.

P.S. no worries about my diet in general, i eat balanced and enough. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladimir

Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 am

I don't see any cons to fasting once a month or once a week. I only wonder how you would feel if you workout on a fast day? You can try the intermittent fasting plan and see how you feel in my opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 am

yesterday i was fastig and had a big workout. didnt feel much of a difference. felt light and strong and good. thanks if u try and for post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fkncody

fkncody

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:23 am

fkncody wrote:
http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/fasted-training-boosts-muscle-growth.html

This website has a lot of articles on training + intermittent fasting if you haven't checked it out.

oh cool thanks! didnt see those. nice sites, very informative. only thing on this site is that this guy suggests supplements etc that i do/would not use. so if i fast and then workout. i wouldnt take a supplement pre workout. liked the article about fasted training boosting muscle growth. v informative. but still he suggests to supplement pre workout.

thanks for the links!

-alex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 am

Leangains is a good site with lots of information. Also check out: www.theleansaloon.com

I usually do shorter fasts daily. I don't enjoy eating in the mornings, so I just drink water then. It's nice not having to make breakfast in the morning before going out.

Here's what I've found to be easiest/most sustainable:
1. Fasting one or two days for 24 hours each, per week. What Eat Stop Eat recommends.
2. Fasting as LeanGains prescribes. 16 hours per day, daily.

Other ways - alternating days, only drinking juice, etc. - just aren't very sustainable or I don't agree with the concept. Skip a meal if you don't feel like eating. Don't eat because "you're supposed to". That's the biggest message to take from IF. You can alter the lengths of the fast. Don't worry if you do 20 hours per day or 14 per day if you choose the daily fasting approach. Don't worry if you do a bit more than 24 hours if you choose a weekly fasting option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 am

raja wrote:
Leangains is a good site with lots of information. Also check out: www.theleansaloon.com

I usually do shorter fasts daily. I don't enjoy eating in the mornings, so I just drink water then. It's nice not having to make breakfast in the morning before going out.

Here's what I've found to be easiest/most sustainable:
1. Fasting one or two days for 24 hours each, per week. What Eat Stop Eat recommends.
2. Fasting as LeanGains prescribes. 16 hours per day, daily.

Other ways - alternating days, only drinking juice, etc. - just aren't very sustainable or I don't agree with the concept. Skip a meal if you don't feel like eating. Don't eat because "you're supposed to". That's the biggest message to take from IF. You can alter the lengths of the fast. Don't worry if you do 20 hours per day or 14 per day if you choose the daily fasting approach. Don't worry if you do a bit more than 24 hours if you choose a weekly fasting option.

how was the building muscle while fasting for you? wasnt a problem, was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:45 pm

As long as you eat enough and workout hard, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 pm

raja wrote:
As long as you eat enough and workout hard, don't worry.

word!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:30 pm

pulldog, are you still IFasting? i just started ADF(fasting on m,w,f and eating normal t, tr, sat and sunday) just curious to if you have any suggestions from experience
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:45 am

no suggestions, just do it and see how it feels and how u adapt to it. i had good results overall Smile drink water!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: intermitted fasting - need some help.   intermitted fasting - need some help. Empty

Back to top Go down

intermitted fasting - need some help.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: