Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
guziecpunx

guziecpunx

My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. Empty
PostSubject: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi everybody, I've joined this board some time ago. Been olny reading, since I do not have much experience nor achievements in calisthenics.

Decided to share my story with you. Some might find it inspirational/motivational.

Most of my life I evaded physical exercise. I was born in a typical "scientific" family, which means there was a strong pressure towards mind development. I always had good grades, but was considered a typical "nerd" - meaning that nearly all my classmates had a physical advantage over me, and even used it sometimes. I often cheated myself that someday I will start training something and finally kick their asses. But years have passed - besides scientific acheivements and good grades I did nothing.

To make things worse, in high school I joined a local punk crew and autodestruction period of my life begun. Alcohol, smokes(I didn't smoke, but was constantly around people who did) nightlife and lots of other stupid things. Thank God I didn't do any sort of drugs. But I never refused alcohol - weak willpower I guess. I woke up at the age of 21 - midtime of my university education. I did weigh 143 lbs at 6 ft 2! Horribly thin. Healthy eating habits didn't exist - I ate mostly cheap processed foods, had no constant mealtimes and looked horrible. I slept a lot. Over 10 hours a night and few hours during daytime - and even though I was constantly tired and unable to do any larger physical effort.

Terrible hangover on 1st Jan 2008. f**k, time do do something about it. Decided to drop alcohol completely, did some cash bets on it to have extra motivation. After a few months I added running - first run ended in crawl, headspins and vomit after 2,5 kilometers. Next day pain was horrible. f**k it, I ran almost everyday with my fists tightened and teeth clenched. Started to read and composed my first diet to put on some weight - amount of calories was large, because I didn't want to drop running.

In may 2008 I went to the gym, but I didn't liked it. Static, slow movement, olny one muscle group working, not being elastic nor stretched. f**k it. I dropped it after 6 months. Some time later while surfing on the web I found this site and sinked into it. Read a lot and started execising only with my bodyweight. Started training about april 2009.

After two years I am able to run a marathon, I weigh 198 lbs, sleep olny 7 hours a day, feel light, relaxed and energetic. I am also getting closer to b-barians requiements every day. My looks have improved substantially, which have affected my social life. I am sober 2 years now and don't need alcohol to have a great time. And the apetite is growing. I am very enthusiastic about future - seeing your videos - especially Dawalli's and Metin's makes me thing - if i am doing this for olny 7 months and my skills are improving all the time - what will I look like and could do after 2 or 3 years? ARGH!

But what I am trying to say is: most people will drag you down - tell you loads of bullshit to feed your and their own complexes. If they will see that you are getting better at something, they will feel obliged to compete - its evolutionary. And people do not want to compete. They feel safe in front of their TV eating snacks living an average life.

"Why won't you drink with us" , "c'mon it won't do anything, it will take you years, if you even achieve this", and my favourite "you will break eventually". f**k them. I won't. And each passing day I am a living example, that even a fucked up kid with issues can do so.

Never give up. Set a positive example. People WILL notice.

Cheers and happy New Year to all of you. God bless!

PS. Sorry for any pronunciation or grammar mistakes I did.
Back to top Go down
http://conservativepunk.net
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:37 am

Nice to hear your on the right path. I too had a tough time with this, check out my introduction post. We've come along way bro.

No going back, just up and over!
Back to top Go down
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:51 pm

guziecpunx wrote:
Hi everybody, I've joined this board some time ago. Been olny reading, since I do not have much experience nor achievements in calisthenics.

Decided to share my story with you. Some might find it inspirational/motivational.

Most of my life I evaded physical exercise. I was born in a typical "scientific" family, which means there was a strong pressure towards mind development. I always had good grades, but was considered a typical "nerd" - meaning that nearly all my classmates had a physical advantage over me, and even used it sometimes. I often cheated myself that someday I will start training something and finally kick their asses. But years have passed - besides scientific acheivements and good grades I did nothing.

To make things worse, in high school I joined a local punk crew and autodestruction period of my life begun. Alcohol, smokes(I didn't smoke, but was constantly around people who did) nightlife and lots of other stupid things. Thank God I didn't do any sort of drugs. But I never refused alcohol - weak willpower I guess. I woke up at the age of 21 - midtime of my university education. I did weigh 143 lbs at 6 ft 2! Horribly thin. Healthy eating habits didn't exist - I ate mostly cheap processed foods, had no constant mealtimes and looked horrible. I slept a lot. Over 10 hours a night and few hours during daytime - and even though I was constantly tired and unable to do any larger physical effort.

Terrible hangover on 1st Jan 2008. f**k, time do do something about it. Decided to drop alcohol completely, did some cash bets on it to have extra motivation. After a few months I added running - first run ended in crawl, headspins and vomit after 2,5 kilometers. Next day pain was horrible. f**k it, I ran almost everyday with my fists tightened and teeth clenched. Started to read and composed my first diet to put on some weight - amount of calories was large, because I didn't want to drop running.

In may 2008 I went to the gym, but I didn't liked it. Static, slow movement, olny one muscle group working, not being elastic nor stretched. f**k it. I dropped it after 6 months. Some time later while surfing on the web I found this site and sinked into it. Read a lot and started execising only with my bodyweight. Started training about april 2009.

After two years I am able to run a marathon, I weigh 198 lbs, sleep olny 7 hours a day, feel light, relaxed and energetic. I am also getting closer to b-barians requiements every day. My looks have improved substantially, which have affected my social life. I am sober 2 years now and don't need alcohol to have a great time. And the apetite is growing. I am very enthusiastic about future - seeing your videos - especially Dawalli's and Metin's makes me thing - if i am doing this for olny 7 months and my skills are improving all the time - what will I look like and could do after 2 or 3 years? ARGH!

But what I am trying to say is: most people will drag you down - tell you loads of bullshit to feed your and their own complexes. If they will see that you are getting better at something, they will feel obliged to compete - its evolutionary. And people do not want to compete. They feel safe in front of their TV eating snacks living an average life.

"Why won't you drink with us" , "c'mon it won't do anything, it will take you years, if you even achieve this", and my favourite "you will break eventually". f**k them. I won't. And each passing day I am a living example, that even a fucked up kid with issues can do so.

Never give up. Set a positive example. People WILL notice.

Cheers and happy New Year to all of you. God bless!

PS. Sorry for any pronunciation or grammar mistakes I did.

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you've enjoyed my videos. I too have been very inspired by the Bar-barians and the members on the forums here, so much so that I'm doing things at 41 I could never do at 21.

Stay on the path!
Back to top Go down
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 am

great story there dude!
"Never give up. Set a positive example. People WILL notice" - great line!

keep at it - and continue posting!
Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 am

Awesome story, glad to have you here and can't wait to see some videos from you in the near future!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
voldir2

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 pm

XVII650BettCHAPLastPassDianJameMullFredChryKnutClaiAngeFiskAtlaTescLogiDolcSwisLuckAlfrArma
RondCorsWillElseLorecucuCartBryaLadyBylyMaryBackAntoCreoThomEverSunsPantMatiNiveDolbJeweLuxu
RicaTutkJoseJeweOpenSisiTakeBONUGoodinteMeliHorsCotoPeriMehuNatiLiviArbeNikiPrinSergViraRobe
LycrStarThieGlenJameNatiDupiZoneXVIILinaLAPINatrIntrSwarZoneZoneBrowquotdiamZoneDeanwwwaHapp
MikeWillZonequadEuroDumpFranBozeArthmailPaulPedrContAndrInteXVIIFutuRobeideaSolaNBRDCradhous
NERVOZONDecoPCIeDenmThisAtlaAnurBookWindBookFiesAmebWalkRenzMickMistEnigARAGWolfKeepOffiVoca
ValiVictRecoWhatefapRichSTYLCrazJeweSaleJohaBorkBoscArmsJeroWindMacrElviASiBFranMamaOpenGrea
WithMorbAuguFormAlexArnoPayoBookMatrEditvaluNialOlgaMPEGNanaVincLeacMichGodeSCTPHOUSMacdThis
UnreKimbMaryNancJeroCaliAlphJeweInteJeanSergRollJazzDaviSpecAntoObeeCarpDaviFreeKrusPCIePCIe
PCIeGiarJacqAnthRobeRobsTakeVienKwapMoneLymaPennBrowWillNick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.   My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom. Empty

Back to top Go down

My story - how did I get to who I am today from rock bottom.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Click Here For Inspiration-
Jump to: