Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you had 2months

Go down 
AuthorMessage
superbenx

superbenx

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm

So there are some problems with my school and I got 2months off.
FULL 2 MONTHS I WANT DEDICATE FULLY FOR MY WORKOUTS AND MYSELF.

If you had full 24 hours for yourself what would you do on my place?

When would you wake up ? how many times would you train a day?

Its really important for me its already been a week from the moment I got this vacation so I sleep till after noon and workout regular once a day from my point of view I am wasting my time.

what would you do if you had 2 months ahh???

Give me all the tips you got I don't want to waste this precious time!!
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Don't train to the point where you lose form. Give yourself plenty of time to recover. It would be a pity to waste those two months doing rehab instead of intense bar work.
Back to top Go down
Ken

Ken

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 pm

I would definately sleep around 8-9 hours, that means from around 11-12pm to 8-9am, then I'd eat something, drink a lot of water and do my first workout at around 11.30am or so... then eat again, do some fun stuff (not train), then again at 4 or 5 pm I'd do another workout but it should be different, like a medicine ball workout or a kettlebell workout, if in the morning you did a full-out calisthenics session or you could go and jog or do something light... There's always an opportunity to do a GTG method! That will keep you busy from waking up to going to bed Smile
Back to top Go down
raja

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Sleep from 10/11 pm to 7/8 am
You can workout multiple times per day, but don't focus on strength/endurance only. Balance, prehab, stretching, skill work, conditioning, etc. can be worked on instead. Don't do the same thing every day and don't work out every day.

I'd recommend doing something useful for the rest of the time. Start learning about anatomy and physiology, nutrition, etc. if that stuff interests you. Don't make your whole day revolve around work outs.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir

Vladimir

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:39 pm

get plenty of sleep...8-10 hours/day

eat healthy and get your meals in daily

set some specific goals

workout twice a day...first workout (morning) do an actual workout with sets/reps/supersets/circuits ect. This should be pretty intense/challanging. The second workout should be a skill work (do this later in the day). Work on a skill or move that you want to get better in or accomplish. This shouldn't be as tiring.

Have fun
Back to top Go down
csaba

csaba

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:18 am

i'd do a type of training that i couldn't do otherwise. high volume and gtg comes to mind. the 'nasa pushup program' is particularly clever. it's described in Pavel Tsatsouline - Beyond Bodybuilding, pg 287. the basic idea is also described here

http://board.crossfit.com/showpost.php?p=56112&postcount=7

i'd do it for pullups but it can be applied to anything.

also i'd do a lot of lighter stuff like cardio, stretching, yoga...

...lots of sleep, better nutrition, reading up on stuff...
Back to top Go down
Jess

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 am

If you need to workout all day to make progress, you will lose your new gains from it once you no longer can. Two months is a speck on the radar. I would be more concerned with how you are going to develop over the next 3 years. Will you be able to maintain your abilities long enough through all the changes in your life to reach your goals? That is what you are really up against. If this is just a fad for you, and you just want to see how much torture you can put your body through, go after it until they drag you away on a stretcher. You'll have a story to tell.
Back to top Go down
grishenko45

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:07 am

i'd probly sleep for 8-10 hours per night, eat my normal healthy meals every 2-3 hours, get a bit more creative with meals, train once per day for 1-2 hours (as i do now) swim every other day to relax, hot bath after every workout!! read books, youtube workout videos, forums, walking in coutryside etc....i'd love it if i suddenly got 2 months off work with pay!
Back to top Go down
pulldoggpull

pulldoggpull

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 pm

get an xbox and play black ops. or wii
Back to top Go down
BleHz0r

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:28 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:
+1 xD
Back to top Go down
Al_Kavadlo

Al_Kavadlo

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Eat, Sleep and TRAIN as much as is reasonably possible. Other than that have fun doing all the other things you love to do. You shouldn't have to ask us - ask yourself. What is important to you? What do you love?
Back to top Go down
http://www.AlKavadlo.com
superbenx

superbenx

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 am

heading to the bar!
I gotta work on flexibility to improve lseat form and condition the core to get my planche later!! will work on balance today aswell.
Back to top Go down
superbenx

superbenx

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

pulldoggpull wrote:

its lbms hobby
Back to top Go down
superbenx

superbenx

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:38 am

I bought a pull up bar for home to do dragon flags and improve my lseat so I can already do it with very very straight legs and full 90 degree!!

Doing Lseat static holds all day everyday through the day everytime I pass the bar will help me achieve perfect lseat ?? what do you think guys?

and when I lower my self with the dragon flags I have lower back pain and the set is automaticly termianted weak abs?
Back to top Go down
Vladimir

Vladimir

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 pm

for the L-sit, what's your time you want to achieve? you can do your method i guess. what i do is every other day i practice the l-sit, hanging off the bar, having my sets add up to 1min. for now my goal is 60sec in one hold. week 1 i started doing 6x10sec, week 2 5x12, week3 4x15, this week i'm doing 3x20, and so on.

for the dragon flags, yes its probably weak abs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If you had 2months Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had 2months   If you had 2months Empty

Back to top Go down

If you had 2months
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: