Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very effective @ Home Cardio workout

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel

Daniel

cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  Empty
PostSubject: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Can you guys keep up with us? More videos coming tomorrow.

BAR-BARIC assistance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Br_Warrior

Br_Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Im gonna do this for sure, thx for the videos guys, ure doing a great job with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dacicsak

dacicsak

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:57 pm

U guys are rock Twisted Evil thanks for the helping vids! cheers

i have a question. If i do this cardio before my workout, i wont be able to do my training because i get tired(max pullups, dips and pushups). So should i do these cardio on the rest days? isnt this too brutal cardio for a rest day, is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:09 pm

dacicsak wrote:

i have a question. If i do this cardio before my workout, i wont be able to do my training because i get tired(max pullups, dips and pushups). So should i do these cardio on the rest days? isnt this too brutal cardio for a rest day, is it?

If that is the case yes this would be good to do on a rest day, promote blood flow to the sore areas which will assist in recovery.
Back to top Go down
dacicsak

dacicsak

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Daniel wrote:
dacicsak wrote:

If that is the case yes this would be good to do on a rest day, promote blood flow to the sore areas which will assist in recovery.

Thanks for the quick answer Daniel! I will do this too next to the jump roping!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 am

Good muscle endurance BAD CARDIO !

listen to this guy be for you all go crazy at me ^

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Lwaterman92
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 am

Lwaterman92 wrote:

kanker tjap, moet je kanker stoot... its a total of 50 minuts cardio if you complete 10 rounds, kanker tjap je moeder moet kkr dood
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 am

LittleBeastM - SS3 wrote:
Lwaterman92 wrote:

kanker tjap, moet je kanker stoot... its a total of 50 minuts cardio if you complete 10 rounds, kanker tjap je moeder moet kkr dood

Litle beast m All i saw was 2 mins of good cardio on the box thing and the rest was good muscle endurance !
If you wacthed that video i just sent maybe your understand ?
Back to top Go down
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 am

Lwaterman92 wrote:
Lwaterman92 wrote:

Litle beast m All i saw was 2 mins of good cardio on the box thing and the rest was good muscle endurance !

THIS DUDE IS FCKIN BLIND .. i seriously wanna fck you up right now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:32 am

Lwaterman92 wrote:
Lwaterman92 wrote:

THIS DUDE IS FCKIN BLIND .. i seriously wanna fck you up right now

Dude dnt turn this in to arugement im just expressing what i know from school and college i have severely qaulifctions in sport sciences!
This is ment be a discusion man now stop hateing what i say because you some how disgree i have back up what i have said now back up what your saiying im sure every one eles here will agree ..

Also i know some meaber here such a lee who is a personal trainer im sure he will be on my side on this one Smile

And that dude is the real deal no BULL s**t not like most them adverts saying s**t like 6 min abs and selling you suplment what just dont do what they say it does..
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:47 am

*NOTE*
*i've not watched the video yet as i'm at work - no sound*

However, from what i remember from school, cardio is all about getting your pulse to rise to above 50% (about 60-75% ? ) of your max heartrate for an extended period of time.

I fail to see how the CC workout is not cardio - since all exercises will raise your heart-rate and this will last minimum 30 mins (if you don't do any reps other than on the steps and only take 1 min rest) so realistically 60+ mins.

Considering the exercises you do in it, i would class it as extreme, and definitely a good muscle endurance exercise....

*This is all under the assumption that you do the pulls/presses/dips at some pace, not very slow and controlled.

I'm not wanting to have a go or start an argument, but i honestly fail to see how you cannot class this as cardio?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:01 am

Tim wrote:
*NOTE*
*i've not watched the video yet as i'm at work - no sound*

However, from what i remember from school, cardio is all about getting your pulse to rise to above 50% (about 60-75% ? ) of your max heartrate for an extended period of time.

I fail to see how the CC workout is not cardio - since all exercises will raise your heart-rate and this will last minimum 30 mins (if you don't do any reps other than on the steps and only take 1 min rest) so realistically 60+ mins.

Considering the exercises you do in it, i would class it as extreme, and definitely a good muscle endurance exercise....

*This is all under the assumption that you do the pulls/presses/dips at some pace, not very slow and controlled.

I'm not wanting to have a go or start an argument, but i honestly fail to see how you cannot class this as cardio?

Yes i agree with you some aspect of this is good cardio like the boxing runining and yes your right on the heart rate it need to be within a cretin zone. i belive this video is a lot better for muscle endurance than cardio. also belive if u was to strat geting tired dureing the work out you would not be apply keep your pulse rate up because you wont be able to pull push and dip etc ... The best cardio in this is the box runing cuz this keep his hart rate high while not fluxurating from moveing on to exrcise to exrcise this why i belive if he was to box run for 40 mins then do this routine it would be a lot better .. i dont belive push ups and pulls ups to be hard cardio i belive runining swiming cyclying to be hard cardio i hope you can see how i see things dude im simpleY saying my veiws and respect that people..

Back to top Go down
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:07 am

Reamber what i said at the start Bad cardio! and Good muscle endurance..

i never said their was no cardio here !

I belive runining would push your hear rate higher their for being better cardio this why i dont think its good cardio when u could just run for 40 mins then do the muscle endurance stuff and come a way with better results Smile
Back to top Go down
PatMotive

PatMotive

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 am

Lwaterman is right, 'Effective cardio' is when you utilise the bigger muscles in the body for extended periods of time and although you're heart may be racing during this particular workout it does not mean it is an effective cardio vascular workout . . .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 am

lol do it before you talk, and record it.. 10 sets go.. this dude is talking about heartrate.. do you know what your heart rate is after 4 sets ?lolllllll try it before u talk

DIPS - HEART RATE UP
PULL UPS- HEART RATE UP
PUSH UPS - HEART RATE UP

SUPERSETTED- HEART RATE UP

LOW REST-

YOU HEART RATE WILL INCREASE EVERY FCKIN SET

OFCOURSE ITS NOT CARDIO FOR LUKE !! he does 5 dips and 2 pull ups and 10 push ups..hauhauha.. dude have you every tried the barbarian reqs? U KNOW WHAT YOUR HEART RATE AFTER THAT IS?? LOLLL THIS DUDE !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unleashed

Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 pm

you guys should seriously concentrate more on ur workouts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Just tried this for 5 sets, several things i've learnt from this

1. Don't get over excited by a new routine and forget to warm up...
2. Warm up your feet too, especially the arches
3. Running on the spot is boring.
4. Don't smack your elbow on a door frame on your way to do the first set of dips... it REALLY hurts Rolling Eyes

Now if anyones interested.. the stats
Sets 1 2 3 4 5 Total
Run 2 mins 2 mins 2 mins 2 mins 2 mins 10 mins
Pull-ups 26 23 20 11 12 92
Dips 24 24 23 22 15 108
Press-ups 36 30 30 15 20 131
Pulse (after set)164 176 180 172 168 172(avg)
Time 3.47 3.44 3.36 3.23 3.22 25.52 incl rests (2 mins)

It's a good workout and certainly keeps your pulse high throughout, i was pleasantly surprised with the first 3 sets of the pull-ups Smile I reckon my low numbers in dips and press-ups was due to the last couple of days of workouts, (and not warming up first!) i could feel the strain from the get go.

Overall I really like it, though i might sub the spot running for something else like skipping or something Smile i just found it a little monotonous Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 pm

PatMotive wrote:
Lwaterman is right, 'Effective cardio' is when you utilise the bigger muscles in the body for extended periods of time and although you're heart may be racing during this particular workout it does not mean it is an effective cardio vascular workout . . .

How are you not utilizing the bigger muscles in the body for extended periods of time in this workout? You're using more muscle in this workout than you do when running (legs for the quick box stepping, back/biceps/brachialis for pull ups, chest/shoulder/triceps on dips and push-ups), and if you superset with low rest it equates to a longer interval of work than that of rest. Would an interval workout consisting of 5-10 rounds running a half of a mile and then walking for one minute not be cardio? If this is cardio, why would the other one not be? It will still get your heart pounding, your lungs short of breath, and will tax the cardiovascular system of the body by needing to get the nutrients and oxygen through the bloodstream to the muscles. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, but how does that not constitute as cardiovascular exercise? To me, it does everything that cardiovascular exercise is supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Lwaterman92 wrote:
Reamber what i said at the start Bad cardio! and Good muscle endurance..

i never said their was no cardio here !

I belive runining would push your hear rate higher their for being better cardio this why i dont think its good cardio when u could just run for 40 mins then do the muscle endurance stuff and come a way with better results Smile

Actually it'd probably be more effective if you did the muscle endurance first, then the running as you wouldn't have lactic acid in your system hampering your efforts for the endurance.

Couple of points, firstly i get now where you're coming from, the phrasing bad cardio is misleading and made me think that you didn't think that this work out was cardio at all... which you obviously agree that it is cardio, just not the best method.

Secondly, after having done it, i think doing it together actually aids the workout and the cardio, alright a 25 min run might be better than 5 sets of this for cardio, no argument there Smile. However the workout then loses out on the muscle endurance being worked on.

A better comparison would be 10 mins of running followed by 5 mins of muscle endurance, doing this would be at best equal cardio and you would not be able to push as hard in the muscle endurance as you would have less effective rest. - Actually this reduction in reps would probably lower your heart rate and give a worse cardio workout.

With this workout you have 4 mins rest for your arms, allowing you to get higher reps whilst maintaining a high pulse rate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:34 pm

LOL @ LBM going crazy at me cause i went against what he said we can make mistake metin even tho this may not be one take your anger some where eles like the bar!

Yes some very good points here that i have read but cardio reamber is normal done to burn off fat now if you thinking of doing this routine will make u lose fat well yes u may lose a litle
but if you want good gains serious gains RUN FOR 40 mins every day .

also should add to your six pack abb video do cardio and your get abs as well as eating right Wink

Metin what im saying is their is soo much better cardio out their then doing pull up dips push up and that jump board thing...
Go for jogs do sprint training swinming cycleing this type exrcise i think you can keep your heart rate in the targer zone longer their for loseing fat unlike pull ups and push ups your just get tired after long periods of time ..

and as i can see from the results that dude posted thanks by way really intresting as he got tired on his 3rd set his heart rate starts to drop their for maybe doing more set will make it drop out of the target zone and not hiting cardio any more ..

Why dnt u add more cardio like jog for 10 mins or some think ?
Back to top Go down
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 am

Lwaterman don't tell us how to make our videos, we post what has worked for us. If you don't like it, so be it, focus on your own training instead of wasting your time arguing on forums.

Didn't you promise a video sometime back too, to prove your ability?

http://bar-barians.forumotion.com/t1762-its-official-luke-waterman-will-never-b-a-barbarian

All talk no action kid.
Back to top Go down
vindicated1

vindicated1

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:23 am

good cardio workout? muscle endurance workout? either way this workout is gonna increase GPP
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVindicatedOne?feature=mhum
vindicated1

vindicated1

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:25 am

Lwaterman92 wrote:

Yes some very good points here that i have read but cardio reamber is normal done to burn off fat now if you thinking of doing this routine will make u lose fat well yes u may lose a litle
but if you want good gains serious gains RUN FOR 40 mins every day .

also should add to your six pack abb video do cardio and your get abs as well as eating right Wink

Metin what im saying is their is soo much better cardio out their then doing pull up dips push up and that jump board thing...
Go for jogs do sprint training swinming cycleing this type exrcise i think you can keep your heart rate in the targer zone longer their for loseing fat unlike pull ups and push ups your just get tired after long periods of time ..

what's crossfit then? s**t cardio? because its to hard for you? you sound like a pussy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVindicatedOne?feature=mhum
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:02 am

this dude got himself blocked again from the vids Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lwaterman92

Lwaterman92

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 am

@ Daniel when did i tell you how to make a video ? think be for you open your mouth i advised you put more cardio simpley adding more becomeing healthy and fitter ..

@vindicated
LOL Okay man you do pull up and push dips for 60 mins stright
i go for a jog i lose more fat than you your just get tired you obv miss understand what im saying so i put this simple to you you hardly burn fat of this routine your just get good muscle endurance as i have said wacth the video i posted as well might expand your mind!

@daniel yes my training has changed im not in to all that high number reps stuff im just training with the weight vest all the time makes you a lot stronger.. maybe soon i have train for that but that not my goal any more ..

@ LOL at metin blocking me just show how small minder your are to discuss others views its okay metin you can get some think wrong once in a while you cant all ways be right..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very effective @ Home Cardio workout    cardio - Very effective @ Home Cardio workout  Empty

Back to top Go down

Very effective @ Home Cardio workout
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next