Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? Empty
PostSubject: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi everyone.

I was over my friends house this weekend and she's having a hard time losing weight. I go to her kitchen and find healthy food in the fridge and It looks promising. I start to think maybe her workouts are the problem. Well, I look a little further and find the "Jackpot" her closet is filled with sweets. I like sweets but she had enough for probably 3 households.

To make a long story short, I went back to her fridge and realized how much diet soda she was drinking and it made me realize that this was part of the problem. So in conclusion, If you see diet soda around the house typically there will be other sweets as well. or vice versa. Artificial sweetners could cause your body to crave more sweets!

Read this article and tell your overweight friends to skip on the diet and just drink water or juice. Enjoy!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050613/drink-more-diet-soda-gain-more-weight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:10 pm

diet drinks actually increase the hunger feeling so you end up grazing more and thus having more calories each day....

The actual drink might be better than the regular one, but the after effects make it worse! How I love irony Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trace

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Drinkin juices while trying to loose weight isn't a good thing either - just check out how much sugar is contained in one single glass of Orange Juice. You could probably also drink a glass of Coke, it nearly has the same amount of sugar in it.

Stick to water!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Trace wrote:
Drinkin juices while trying to loose weight isn't a good thing either - just check out how much sugar is contained in one single glass of Orange Juice. You could probably also drink a glass of Coke, it nearly has the same amount of sugar in it.

Stick to water!

fruit juice sure is full of sugar, albeit natural unrefined fructose sugar. Certainly agree that fruit juices are maybe of the menu while trying to lose weight. Also worth mentioning that eating the whole fruit instead of its juice is going to give you some fibre too.

Can always water down your juices to make a refreshing flavoured water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:50 pm

@ TIm, Yeah It's crazy how this stuff works. You can't fool your body. It will get what it wants eventually.

@ Trace, I agree with sticking with water. Juice is high in sugar and not the best option for losing weight. I was refering to fresh fruit juice. Such as adding crushed fresh raspberries or watermelon into your water, or adding strawberry slices. Cucumber and fresh mint are refreshing flavors as well — especially in the summer. Very Happy

Have you ever tried Vita Coco?

Not everybody has a taste for water, but we all need it to ensure that our bodies continue functioning properly. If you want to drink more water, but aren't crazy about the taste (or lack thereof), here are some tips that can make it more enjoyable.

flavored ice cubes may make an even better drink. Start experimenting with fresh fruit, mint, or cucumber ice cubes. Simply chop your additive of choice, add it to your ice cube tray along with water, then freeze.

Drink tea. Herbal, fruit, green, white, and red teas are generally considered to be better for you than black teas (or coffee, for that matter) because they contain little to no caffeine an more antioxidants. Tthere are countless flavors of these teas to choose from.

http://vitacoco.com/

All natural Coconut water!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scyth3r6

scyth3r6

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:12 pm

When they make a soda "diet" dont they add aspartame to replace the sugar. Heard that is pretty nasty stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/scyth3r6
superbenx

superbenx

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:23 pm

make your own juice from veggies or fruits if you want health..better organic

if you want sugar and taste go to dah supermaketahhh and buy yourself a drink with E500 E600 E800 NITRO GLYCERINE BENZIN WTF LOL pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:49 pm

The thing with losing weight isn't just calories, but learning to eat properly. If you're still eating foods that are very unnaturally aggressive tasting(overly sweet, excessive spices, etc.), then you're skipping over the point. Learning to appreciate food for its natural flavor. Artificial sweeteners are alright in moderation, but daily, probably not. Diet sodas still keep the addiction to sweet foods. Learn to break the sweet addiction and you'll be significantly better off.

Oh, and juice isn't very good IMO. Smoothies are alright because they have fiber to slow digestion. Juice is just an insulin spike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Question: Is the Juice worth the squeeze?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:58 am

@ Raja, Yeah I am glad you pointed that out. You have to learn how to eat properly. As for the juice, I was refering to fresh fruit juice. But in a way I'm glad I wrote just juice, because it gave everyone an easy opportunity to jump in with their Juice knowledge lol

Anyway, Have you ever looked into Mindfull Eating? It's common sense eating using all of your senses.

Check out this website for more information and for anyone who wants to learn more about mindful eating.

"Awareness of the moment is when change can begin"

http://www.tcme.org/mindfulness_practices.htm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:26 am

raja wrote:

Oh, and juice isn't very good IMO. Smoothies are alright because they have fiber to slow digestion. Juice is just an insulin spike

Juice isn't all bad, for instance orange juice is good for getting vitamin C... no scurvy for you then Wink.

However i will agree that lots of juice is bad. However that can be said for anything Wink... even water!

(yes you can drink too much water!, you end up stripping your body of certain minerals and destabilising your electrolyte balance. You need to replace sodium and potasium at least, it's also a good idea to have some calcium too - ie cheese and marmite sandwich with a banana cheers )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeRoger

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:37 am

I feel the best way is to eat citrus fruits like oranges, guava, grapefruit, papaya, sweet lime, tangerines and tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C and contains fat burning properties.

Best diets review
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:25 am

There is no way around it, unfortunately -- if you're serious about having a clean, sharp diet then you've got to make water your number one drink. It's been really difficult for me because I really do not like the taste of water, but what's managed to get me into it is keeping bottles of tap water in the fridge all the time. I find the coldness makes it far more palatable and numbs any chlorine/chemical taste that tap waters sometimes have. A good way to start with the habit is to have a glass or two of water after you brush your teeth, morning and evening. Almost everyone enjoys the taste of cold water after brushing their teeth. I no longer buy fruit juice or fizzy drinks for drinking on a daily basis Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 pm

mistakenshyness wrote:
There is no way around it, unfortunately -- if you're serious about having a clean, sharp diet then you've got to make water your number one drink. It's been really difficult for me because I really do not like the taste of water, but what's managed to get me into it is keeping bottles of tap water in the fridge all the time. I find the coldness makes it far more palatable and numbs any chlorine/chemical taste that tap waters sometimes have. A good way to start with the habit is to have a glass or two of water after you brush your teeth, morning and evening. Almost everyone enjoys the taste of cold water after brushing their teeth. I no longer buy fruit juice or fizzy drinks for drinking on a daily basis Smile
Try buying some distilled or spring water. The taste is much better without all that chlorine and other crap in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Totally agreed, but on my current budget I can't really justify purchasing bottled drinking water, especially considering how much I drink. I used to have a filter built into the kitchen tap which was a godsend. And in my last place I got a water cooler and refill bottles delivered weekly, which was suprisingly affordable. But alas, tap water for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csaba

csaba

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm

you can get water purifiers for pretty cheap. to me, nothing tastes as good as cold water when i'm thirsty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Bdog wrote:
mistakenshyness wrote:
Try buying some distilled or spring water. The taste is much better without all that chlorine and other crap in it.

The drinking of distilled water has been both advocated and discouraged for health reasons.

The lack of naturally occurring minerals in distilled water has raised some concerns. The Journal of General Internal Medicine published a study on the mineral contents of different waters available in the US. The study concluded:

Drinking water sources available to North Americans may contain high levels of Ca2+, Mg2+, and Na+ and may provide clinically important portions of the recommended dietary intake of these minerals.

Physicians should encourage patients to check the mineral content of their drinking water, whether tap or bottled, and choose water most appropriate for their needs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bdog

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 am

Johnny 5 wrote:
Bdog wrote:
mistakenshyness wrote:

The drinking of distilled water has been both advocated and discouraged for health reasons.

The lack of naturally occurring minerals in distilled water has raised some concerns. The Journal of General Internal Medicine published a study on the mineral contents of different waters available in the US. The study concluded:

Drinking water sources available to North Americans may contain high levels of Ca2+, Mg2+, and Na+ and may provide clinically important portions of the recommended dietary intake of these minerals.

Physicians should encourage patients to check the mineral content of their drinking water, whether tap or bottled, and choose water most appropriate for their needs.

You can get the recommended intake of these minerals through diet (eating alot of fruits and veg) you do not necessarily need it in tyour water. I said distilled cause it is the cleanest. I drink both but I like the taste of distilled water and feel best drinking that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?   Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?
Page 1 of 1