Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My diet (comments VERY welcome)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RobK

My diet (comments VERY welcome) Empty
PostSubject: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Hey everybody,

I have been training for about 3 weeks now with push ups, pull ups, dips, and bike riding. I would like to get lean and defined, i dont have an interest in really gaining mass. I would love for anybody to chime in about my diet with any helpfull tidbits they deem necessary Very Happy

8AM: 1 packet Oatmeal, 1 bananna

11AM: Greek Yogurt, or carrots, or handfull of almonds

130PM: turkey or chicken sandwich with whole grain bread, grapes or an orange

430: Granola Bar

730: Fish or chicken with steamed rice and lots of veggies.

Again guys, any bits of info would be very greatley appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 pm

you can add cottage cheese before sleeping. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/fiqqymickey
RobK

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Awesome, I love cottage cheese!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 pm

you do? i dont! LOL. but its good casein protein to keep your body in anabolic while your in slumber (as far as im concern).

go check out the contests/challenges of this forum and take part!! Smile
Back to top Go down
RobK

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 pm

will do, thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobK

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Ok guys, I have been reading mind numbing amounts of posts here about training. From what I have been reading so far, I will lose fat and gain lean muscle by doing my cardio 2-3 times a week; doing calithenics; and having the correct diet......am I correct here? I am looking more for the body type of the majority of the bar barians rather than a body builder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:04 pm

to make it simple
1. good Nutrition
2. Badass workouts
3. enough sleep

try this out for 3 months and you definitely see results Wink
Back to top Go down
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 am

Try carrots & hummus which are YUM, and you're getting a great natural source of protein with the crushed chickpeas Smile

Also, you could try mixing things into your yoghurt like grounded flaxseeds, etc. if you wanted to get a bit more bang for your buck with that snack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:07 am

here's a sample of my daily food intake, you can comment on it.. i dont have a superior body like most bar-baric practitioners here but i could call my self pretty decent. look out for me in training log and contest/challenges sections Very Happy

im on diet which i call it no carbs after 7pm, inspired my Hit Richards a.k.a Calisthenic Kings (he takes no carbs after 5pm). well no carbs is impossible since you get in meat too, so i just try to take it as minimal as possible after 7pm.

before 7pm
meal #1: Oats mixed with coco powder
meal #2: Rice with some meat
meal #3: Pasta
meal #4: Blended fruit juice
meal #5: home made protein bar

after 7pm
meal #6: fried beef cubes with chicken rolls/beef bacons/lean beef strips
meal #7: more meat
meal #8: cottage cheese before sleep
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 am

8a.m. -11.am. looks good

1:30p.pm and further you should have no carbs This is what i do and it helped a lot just hard to follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobK

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for the input everybody, you all are so very helpful! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Your body dosn't know that your not supposed to eat carbs after a certain time. How do you know you keep the same waking hours as someone else?

What if you workout in the evening? you will want that protein and CARBS for recovery.

life aint black and white
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Tree-Trunk wrote:
Your body dosn't know that your not supposed to eat carbs after a certain time. How do you know you keep the same waking hours as someone else?

What if you workout in the evening? you will want that protein and CARBS for recovery.

fyi, mine was just a sample. of course i plan my days ahead and work out during the noon while im still loading myself with carbs. and i do have like 500ml of choco milk right after i workout. thats a decent amount of protein and carbs for me recover. and obviously you should adjust your diet to your daily convenient. sharing is caring. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:58 am

zeMrCEO wrote:
Tree-Trunk wrote:

fyi, mine was just a sample. of course i plan my days ahead and work out during the noon while im still loading myself with carbs. and i do have like 500ml of choco milk right after i workout. thats a decent amount of protein and carbs for me recover. and obviously you should adjust your diet to your daily convenient. sharing is caring. Wink

in that case I will share my thoughts with you on your example.

I don't see where you get your EFA's. These are essential for recovery as well. Vegetables?! The one thing protein lacks is fibre. You will get that for fruit and veg in their whole form as well as wholemeal pastas and breads. Also beans, legumes and pulses.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 am

i take at least 4-5 wheatgrass shots in a week to sub my veg. haha yes, i am a more likely a carnivorous person. thanks for the tips though. really appreciate it. care to explain more how EFA's works?
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 pm

zeMrCEO wrote:
i take at least 4-5 wheatgrass shots in a week to sub my veg. haha yes, i am a more likely a carnivorous person. thanks for the tips though. really appreciate it. care to explain more how EFA's works?

Remember juices lack the fibre of whole foods.

As for Essential Fatty Acids you can get them from various sources.

Fish, Pumkin seeds, flax, sunflower seeds, walnuts, leafy veg etc.

I don't really have time to write an essay on how they work in the body or the optimum balance between omega 3 & 6 but you have internet so its all out there for you to grab. Just be picky about the source of your information.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
K4lisPeluru

K4lisPeluru

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 pm

informative.. thanks dude. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My diet (comments VERY welcome)   My diet (comments VERY welcome) Empty

Back to top Go down

My diet (comments VERY welcome)
Page 1 of 1