Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Started cutting carbs today

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vladimir

Vladimir

Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:19 pm

RobK wrote:
Im going to start HIIT training this week, and keep my carbs to about 50G a day.

50g a day is pretty much cutting carbs. just try it and see how your body feels, esp with HIIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Tree-Trunk wrote:
It is one way. There are many ways. Don't think anyone has the monopoly over which is best.

All I'm saying is this: Take a person eating a 2,200 calorie diet per day with these breakdowns: 100 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs, and 70 grams of fat

100*4= 400 calories from protein
300*4= 1200 calories from carbs
67*9= 600 calories from fat

Which would you eliminate from the most? Carbohydrates. You can't lose weight without cutting back on the carbs.

There is a certain amount of fats and proteins that is necessary for optimal health, which is why you can't cut back on those consumptions very much. Carbohydrates can be generated through a few different ways in the body such as gluconeogenesis.

Say you want to lose weight and go to 1800 calories per day:

100 grams protein = 400 calories from protein
200 grams carbs = 800 calories from carbs
67 grams fat = 600 calories from fat

It's as easy as losing some carb-heavy foods. I'm not saying that carbohydrate consumption alone causes you to become fat. I'm saying that you can't lose weight without cutting back on the carbs, considering that most people consume a fairly high carbohydrate diet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobK

PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Im kind of weak from running yesterday, but it might be because I havent ran any distance in about a month. I will run again tomorrow for about 3 miles with about 50G of carb intake and see how I feel the next day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladimir

Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:10 pm

raja wrote:
Tree-Trunk wrote:
It is one way. There are many ways. Don't think anyone has the monopoly over which is best.

All I'm saying is this: Take a person eating a 2,200 calorie diet per day with these breakdowns: 100 grams of protein, 300 grams of carbs, and 70 grams of fat

100*4= 400 calories from protein
300*4= 1200 calories from carbs
67*9= 600 calories from fat

Which would you eliminate from the most? Carbohydrates. You can't lose weight without cutting back on the carbs.

There is a certain amount of fats and proteins that is necessary for optimal health, which is why you can't cut back on those consumptions very much. Carbohydrates can be generated through a few different ways in the body such as gluconeogenesis.

Say you want to lose weight and go to 1800 calories per day:

100 grams protein = 400 calories from protein
200 grams carbs = 800 calories from carbs
67 grams fat = 600 calories from fat

It's as easy as losing some carb-heavy foods. I'm not saying that carbohydrate consumption alone causes you to become fat. I'm saying that you can't lose weight without cutting back on the carbs, considering that most people consume a fairly high carbohydrate diet.

with your example, you cut 400 calories from the person's diet. this creates a caloric deficit...and with working out/daily physical tasks creates an even more of a caloric deficit = weight loss. the same could be done with cutting protein (decreasing them means losing muscle) and fat really, since in the end its all about calories
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Vladimir wrote:
with your example, you cut 400 calories from the person's diet. this creates a caloric deficit...and with working out/daily physical tasks creates an even more of a caloric deficit = weight loss. the same could be done with cutting protein (decreasing them means losing muscle) and fat really, since in the end its all about calories

For 150 lb male, running for 45 minutes burns 400 calories. Which is easier to do, cut 100 grams of carbs or run for 45 minutes every day? What if you live somewhere that it rains/snows a lot or have a busy schedule? I'm not suggesting that exercise isn't useful. Diet controls weight gain/loss, training controls body composition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladimir

Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:05 pm

raja wrote:
Vladimir wrote:

For 150 lb male, running for 45 minutes burns 400 calories. Which is easier to do, cut 100 grams of carbs or run for 45 minutes every day? What if you live somewhere that it rains/snows a lot or have a busy schedule? I'm not suggesting that exercise isn't useful. Diet controls weight gain/loss, training controls body composition.

yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started cutting carbs today   Started cutting carbs today - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Started cutting carbs today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2