Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fasted energy surge.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ironloo

ironloo

Fasted energy surge. Empty
PostSubject: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Last night i messed up super bad on my diet, i ate 1.6lbs jar of peanutbutter, 1 pear, 1 apple, 2 slices of brown rice bread, 1 cup of baby carrots, 5 sweet peppers, and 1 cup of granola cereal dry i was still hungry but went too sleep. So today only i am fasting just BCAA and tea i had super energy all day holding back levers longer than normal easily. first time i ever got front lever muscle ups i managed 3 all after work and working out all day, last time i failed at doing them at TSP park, its my second time only trying them. Has anyone else got this much energy from fasting or was it the food, aminos i don't know crazy though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladimir

Vladimir

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:10 pm

lol how much is 1.6lbs of peanut butter? sounds like you're craving carbs maybe. i read somewhere that if you deprive your body of something you want then it wants it more and more until you finally give in. that meal was a lot of carbs so maybe that's giving you the energy...or just really good workout day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Maybe Vladimir, i just looked at my other jars they are 26 ounce so that is 1.10lbs. peanut butter here are the totals. Makes sense about the energy now that i look at the nutrition. this is just the peanut butter.

Calories = 4,370

Protein = 184 grams

Fat = 391 grams

Carbs = 138 grams
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HECWAI

HECWAI

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:54 am

Man u must be so pumped up after eating that much peanut butter lol go do the best workout you've ever done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 am

Holy crap dude, thats heaps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 am

Lou. That's some competitive eating right there brother.

I'm sorry but It kind of made me laugh thinking about you eating all that peanut butter with that fruit. You were watching a good movie huh??

Anyway, I'm happy to hear about your progress on the front lever MU's I haven't even tried these yet.

I have heard about carbo loading and increased performance the next day. Not sure about the next day fasted energy surge

The only way to be sure is to try this again and video the experiment for us. bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:39 am

Haha John funny thing is i was still hungry and no movie while i was eating i was thinking what to eat next. It might be a while till i eat like that again. If you can hold the front lever im sure you can get one very quickly give it a try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Vladimir wrote:
lol how much is 1.6lbs of peanut butter? sounds like you're craving carbs maybe. i read somewhere that if you deprive your body of something you want then it wants it more and more until you finally give in. that meal was a lot of carbs so maybe that's giving you the energy...or just really good workout day.

It can be cravings of any kind. If you're deficient, you'll want to gorge until the deficiency is fixed. Trace minerals, vitamins, and even macronutrients can cause this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fasted energy surge.   Fasted energy surge. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fasted energy surge.
Page 1 of 1