Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm getting weaker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HECWAI

HECWAI

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:30 am

I'm getting weaker every workout. I did hanstand pushups 5 days ago (10 sets of 5 reps with 1 min rest) and today I did 2 sets of 5 reps and the third set was 5 reps but the last one was like a failure already. What the hell????? My last workout was 2 days ago and it was a back workout. No shoulders involved execpt that I did some sets of 10 rep dips (before that workout I did pushups x10 reps dips x10 reps 1 min rest and repeat for 10 sets. fairly easily) and I only managed to do 5 sets I think of 10 rep dips and without pushups! WTFFFF????
Losing double the strength every workout! What??
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 am

More likely to be general fatigue, How much sleep have you been getting recently?

Similarly what else have you been doing during the days? You might have simply exhausted yourself. Also did you warm up?
Back to top Go down
HECWAI

HECWAI

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:57 am

I've been cycling like every day (not very intensively) lately and thats the only thing i do in between my workout days. I do get plenty of sleep (8-9 hours) except that I always wake up in the middle of the night for some reason.

And my warm up was 1 min of spinning hands lol :Dmy shoulders have very poor endurance, even that warm up exausted them Neutral
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 am

As a cyclist myself I can tell you that the riding position can give your shoulders a little workout anyway.

Also how are you managing to do a back workout that don't use the shoulders at all? Was it only the spinal erectors?

How was you fuelled for the workout?
Back to top Go down
HECWAI

HECWAI

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:30 am

Tree-Trunk wrote:
As a cyclist myself I can tell you that the riding position can give your shoulders a little workout anyway.

Also how are you managing to do a back workout that don't use the shoulders at all? Was it only the spinal erectors?

How was you fuelled for the workout?

well I didnt do very wide pullups so I dont really count the work shoulders did as work. As for nutrition for breakfast I ate

1/2 cup rolled oats with cinammon
scrambled 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites with a very little bit of turkey and a garlic

2 hours after breakfast I tried doing handstand pushups
Back to top Go down
DNL

DNL

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:23 am

Try not to do anything for 5-7 days to let your body fully regenerate and you will see that you will manage more than you did.
Would also say that your body may be too fatigue
Back to top Go down
loganlion

loganlion

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:51 am

DNL wrote:
Try not to do anything for 5-7 days to let your body fully regenerate and you will see that you will manage more than you did.
Would also say that your body may be too fatigue

Yeah, I recommend that too! What you're describing here has happened to me, just let your body rest for a while. Just make sure you're still eating right though!
Back to top Go down
HECWAI

HECWAI

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 pm

I just can't live without training there's no way I can spend 5 days with no workouts Mad
Back to top Go down
loganlion

loganlion

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:16 pm

HECWAI wrote:
I just can't live without training there's no way I can spend 5 days with no workouts Mad
Just 3-4 day then, LIGHT workout. Some running and push-ups. It'll definitivley do your body good!
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Ask yourself this.....

Whats more important, training everyday or making good steady progress?

Back to top Go down
HECWAI

HECWAI

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

What sucks is that my workouts aren't really workouts. Usually just 2 exercises on which I go hard (I've always had problems creating a routine) and I never feel like I'm working out enough. I've just realized that my endurance really stinks lol I can only do 15-18 burpees and I have to work on it. Would it be okay if I did them every day for these rest days?
Back to top Go down
Tree-Trunk

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

you don't need to worry about having a set routine. Some people love them, so don't.

You do need rest periods and rest periods are just that REST PERIODS
affraid

Don't be scared of them Very Happy

It doesn't matter so much about how many exercises your doing. If you working at a high intensity and train to fatigue then you need recovery time. Your muscles, tendons and Central Nervous System recover at different rates. If your going backwards yet don't have any soreness then it might mean your CNS needs a break. So rest.

Train hard, but most of all train smart.
Back to top Go down
mattseefood

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Rest, get some nice sleep and put your body back at 100%, then try again.

If you still can't do them like you used to, then train to get them back again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm getting weaker Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm getting weaker   I'm getting weaker Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm getting weaker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: