Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pyramid i do for the basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

pyramid i do for the basics Empty
PostSubject: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:02 pm

1 pullup
2 dips
3 pushups
4 squats

you go up until you reach 10 pullups, 20 dips, 30 pushups, 40 squats and then go back down

so it looks like this:

1,2,3,4 - set 1

2, 4, 6, 8 - set 2

3, 6, 9, 12

4, 8, 12, 16

5, 10, 15, 20

6, 12, 18, 24

7, 14, 21, 28

all the way until

10, 20, 30, 40

and then back down

-try it out. still sore
Back to top Go down
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:33 am

just looking at that pyramid i know my legs will probably give up at set 5 or 6!! i'll defo give this a try - what's your best time?
Back to top Go down
Buster

Buster

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:42 pm

I did this workout during my lunch break today and was aiming for under 25 minutes but it took me just over 27 minutes. I hadn't worked out in 2 weeks due to vacation but it was a nice workout to get back into working out. I would like to be able to do this around the 20 minute mark. Thanks for sharing this workout.

s**t!!!! I just realized I wrote down the wrong workout. I did sets of 1,2,3,4 then 2,3,4,5, etc all the way to 10,11,12,13 and back down. It totaled 100 pull ups 119 dips, 138 push ups, and 157 squats. No wonder it didn't seem too challenging. Oh well, I guess I will have to try the real workout next.
Back to top Go down
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:57 am

grishenko45 wrote:
just looking at that pyramid i know my legs will probably give up at set 5 or 6!! i'll defo give this a try - what's your best time?

first time i did it i had no stopwatch... but it was 34 minutes and some change
Back to top Go down
huntsman

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:10 pm

hey i just started to get into calisthenics, been doing it for couple weeks now but i dont understand how the pyramid set works could you explain it.

so
pullups
dips
pushups
squat

1 2 3 4

does this mean i do 1 pull up, 2 dips, 3 push ups, 4 squats ? or i do 1 of everything, then 2 of everything ect?
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:22 am

You got it, your first "set" is

1 pull-up, 2 dips, 3 push-ups, 4 squats
then
2 pull-ups, 4 dips, 6 push-ups, 8 squats

etc Smile
Back to top Go down
huntsman

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

okay thank you, and is there any rest in between ?
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:35 pm

That depends on what you're training for and how far along you are in fitness. I would rest after every set, but not after every exercise. If you're working on conditioning and endurance, you may want to try and see how far you can go without taking any rest whatsoever. Then when your form starts to get sloppy, meaning anything less than perfect form, stop there. Make that your first set and then rest before going at it again. You won't make it all that far, but you're going to feel the weakness being burned out of your body, I guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
DR03K

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 am

This routine is just what I’ve been looking for.

I've been using the perfect pushup for a couple months now, but needed a more complete routine to compensate for the imbalance from a purely push orientated routine.

How often would you do such a routine? - Would Every other day be adequate?

Also, can I expect to gain any Mass from such a routine?
I figured once I hit the top level of the pyramid I can start to increase the resistance wearing a weighted vest, failing that, perhaps a more intense variation of pushups/pullup etc.

Back to top Go down
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:26 pm

DR03K wrote:
This routine is just what I’ve been looking for.

I've been using the perfect pushup for a couple months now, but needed a more complete routine to compensate for the imbalance from a purely push orientated routine.

How often would you do such a routine? - Would Every other day be adequate?

Also, can I expect to gain any Mass from such a routine?
I figured once I hit the top level of the pyramid I can start to increase the resistance wearing a weighted vest, failing that, perhaps a more intense variation of pushups/pullup etc.

every other day seems plenty(maybe even too much)...i usually do this routine if im having an off day or whenever I need something to get my numbers in. of course you can gain mass withit, because it all depends on what you eat. diet is the deciding factor with fitness goals- if anybody tells you different they're blowing smoke up your a**.

adding resistance or using harder variations is a great idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pyramid i do for the basics   pyramid i do for the basics Empty

Back to top Go down

pyramid i do for the basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: