Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amino acid supplement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blackhills27

Amino acid supplement  Empty
PostSubject: Amino acid supplement    Amino acid supplement  EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:00 am

Just bought ON's BCAA 1000 mega amino acid tablets. Its basically 3 important amino acids that your body can't synthesize from other aminos. Have any of you guys ever taken this or something similar? If so any pros and cons? any information would be helpful. thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Amino acid supplement    Amino acid supplement  EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:50 am

Pros - if u have a poor diet and arent getting enough protein, it might be somewhat beneficial for you. But doubtful

Cons - u just wasted a bunch of money. If you are eating meat, you are getting all of the amino acids you need. You are most likely just going to piss them out - your body cant use incomplete proteins to rebuild. Even though some amino acids have been found to be beneficial. what AAs are they?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Amino acid supplement    Amino acid supplement  EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:57 am

I take Modern BCAA from usplabs its powder that has no taste. I only see amino supplements being useful if you are going to train fasted, or doing more serious cardio and want to lose fat but preserve muscle. I train fasted and this helps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackhills27

PostSubject: Re: Amino acid supplement    Amino acid supplement  EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:17 pm

The aminos I bought were leucine,isoleucine, and valine. There supposed to be some of the ones that your body can't synthesize from other aminos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Amino acid supplement    Amino acid supplement  EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:50 am

blackhills27 wrote:
The aminos I bought were leucine,isoleucine, and valine. There supposed to be some of the ones that your body can't synthesize from other aminos

Im not trying to be rude when i say this man. If its comming off mean im sorry.

Example: Isoleucine
It must be consumed because it is an essential amino acid - that is, we do not synthesize it naturally. However, there are actually 8 (or maybe 9 idk im just typing this off the top of my head) essential amino acids EAAs, and i couldnt help but notice that you only mentioned 3. I assume you will be fine though.

Even though we do not synthesize it naturally, it is stored in muscle. By eating meat and other protein you can get isoleucine. Some of these sources are eggs, chicken, turkey, cheese, etc.

Anyway the point im trying to make is that if you have a balanced diet, you dont need any of this stuff. You will probably just end up peeing it out. Having said all of this - there have been a few studies that show that certain AAs have effects beyond that of just being a part of protein (like less muscle catabolism, for example). If you saw studies on that, analyzed your diet, realized that you were deficient in these AAs, and wanted to take them pre-workout, for example, then good on ya.

Hope this helped
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amino acid supplement    Amino acid supplement  Empty

Back to top Go down

Amino acid supplement
Page 1 of 1