Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think about this "hamburger"?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDson

TheDson

What do you think about this "hamburger"? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:02 am

I've recntly made a "hamburger" with egg and cheese inside it.

Here is the recipe: Piece of White bread (or m.b. smth else?! i was told it's bad...), 1 egg, little piece of cheese and fennel.

That is how i make it: I cut a wide piece of bread and then cut off it a big whole in it. Put it on the pan, than i wait abouŠµ minute and throw there an egg and at last cover it all with cheese and fennel. Cook'ing takes me abut 5 minutes.

What is your opinion abut it?!

P.S: Don't blame too much pls...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:58 pm

It's not so much that white bread is bad as it is void of nutritional value. If you're eating this after a workout then white bread would be fine because of the insulin response actually helping the protein and other nutrients get to your muscles quicker. Any other time you're going to want a more complex carbohydrate such as whole wheat, rye, etc.

Other than that it just doesn't sound that filling to me and would need more. Also, vegetables and fruits with it (fruits mainly for after a workout or early morning for energy). Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeRoger

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:50 am

TheDson wrote:
I've recntly made a "hamburger" with egg and cheese inside it.

Here is the recipe: Piece of White bread (or m.b. smth else?! i was told it's bad...), 1 egg, little piece of cheese and fennel.

That is how i make it: I cut a wide piece of bread and then cut off it a big whole in it. Put it on the pan, than i wait abouŠµ minute and throw there an egg and at last cover it all with cheese and fennel. Cook'ing takes me abut 5 minutes.

What is your opinion abut it?!

P.S: Don't blame too much pls...

That sounds really good and healthy.I make my own all the time! I don't use anything I have read,But this time I will try this receipe for breakfast tomorrow.Thanks. cheers

best diet plans
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDson

TheDson

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:14 am

mgraham404 wrote:
Any other time you're going to want a more complex carbohydrate such as whole wheat, rye, etc.
You want to say, that I'd better prefer more carbonhydrate - products?

mgraham404 wrote:
would need more
Can you say what, pls?

MikeRoger wrote:
make my own all the time
Can you tell pls, what it consists of?

P.S: If my questions sound a litlle-bit strange or I don't understand you, don't worry pls, english is not my home language. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

TheDson wrote:
You want to say, that I'd better prefer more carbonhydrate - products?

Not more carbohydrate products, but better carbohydrates. White bread is a simple carbohydrate. It digests quickly and the sugar gets into the bloodstream quickly, which sparks an insulin spike. I'd just stick away from white bread and other "refined" carbohydrates. A simple rule of thumb is the closer it is to the source, the natural grain, the better it will be for your body.

TheDson wrote:
Can you say what, pls?

I was just saying that I would need more to eat than that. I don't know what all you'd want to add to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDson

TheDson

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm

If its regular beef, whole milk cheese, and whole egg including the yolk that's pretty similar to Mc'donalds in my opinion too much cholesterol from the cheese fatty meat and whole egg. I don't eat red meat but when i use to it would be really lean beef/bison grilled and stuffed with garlic, topped with grilled onions and spinach on whole wheat bread with spicy mustard, with a side of grilled asparagus. if you can get these ingredients its much healthier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
grishenko45

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:39 am

sometimes i just love myself a massive mcdonalds!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! got to love fast food!!!!

i will have a mcdonals maybe once every 4-5 months - but when i do, i go to town on them burgers!! tastes so good! - then back on the normal diet for another fwe months!

as long as you're not having this burger every day, it's ok!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDson

TheDson

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

ironloo wrote:
If its regular beef, whole milk cheese, and whole egg including the yolk that's pretty similar to Mc'donalds in my opinion too much cholesterol from the cheese fatty meat and whole egg. I don't eat red meat but when i use to it would be really lean beef/bison grilled and stuffed with garlic, topped with grilled onions and spinach on whole wheat bread with spicy mustard, with a side of grilled asparagus. if you can get these ingredients its much healthier.

i'll tru to, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDson

TheDson

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:12 am

grishenko45 wrote:
sometimes i just love myself a massive mcdonalds!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! got to love fast food!!!!

i will have a mcdonals maybe once every 4-5 months - but when i do, i go to town on them burgers!! tastes so good! - then back on the normal diet for another fwe months!

as long as you're not having this burger every day, it's ok!

lol man =) try to defeat yourself and it will be a great victory of yours (chineese philosophy =))! Actually I've stoped eating it already...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this "hamburger"?   What do you think about this "hamburger"? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this "hamburger"?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: