Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A good easy lunch / dinner idea

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mistakenshyness

A good easy lunch / dinner idea Empty
PostSubject: A good easy lunch / dinner idea   A good easy lunch / dinner idea EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 am

Wholemeal Lebanese pita bread
Spread hummus and unsweetened yoghurt generously over it
Add salad greens, grated carrots, onion, herbs, anything you like
Then add cooked mince or chicken and wrap it up

I had this the other day and realised it was a great source of protein - 8.5g in the pita (wholemeal is the key), several more grams in the hummus and yoghurt mix, and then up to 20g or more depending on how much and what kind of meat you put.

Also, it's a great mix of proteins that you wouldn't normally find in one meal: grain, legume, milk product, meat. This made it feel a lot more lighter and friendlier and satisfying than stuffing yourself with just chicken breast or a milkshake.

And then of course, there's all the good carbs and vitamins and minerals from the wholegrain and vegetables.

Yum yum, I'll be making it more

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikeRoger

A good easy lunch / dinner idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A good easy lunch / dinner idea   A good easy lunch / dinner idea EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:28 am

For lunch,I l have a chicken taco on corn tortilla. Pan fry or grill a chicken breast, slice in strips, put on 2-3 corn tortillas top with salsa, lettuce, onion, hot sauce. Just make the chicken the night before and pack everything up to bring to work. For dinner opt for pan fried or grilled hamburgers again using 93/7 beef and healthy life buns add veggies and mustard and have with a veggie like corn, peas etc.

best diet plans
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A good easy lunch / dinner idea
Page 1 of 1