Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Milkshake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stilkobg

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Yesterday I started making my own milkshake that consisting of about 0.5L milk 10 strawberries, half a banana a spoon of honey. So what do you think? And also when should i drink it before, after workout etc...
Back to top Go down
TheDson

TheDson

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:01 am

Often people drink it about 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after your training.

Your milkshake is pretty good, but you have a good amount of antioxidants and carbonhydrates (I mean fruit) , so instead one of these products place in your milkshake grated walnut.

You can add 2 eggs, but be sure they are good (buy em in respected place), in case not to get stomach-ache!
Back to top Go down
TheDson

TheDson

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:02 am

And sugar, as much as you'd prefer
Back to top Go down
stilkobg

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for the respond Smile
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm

I don't agree with as much sugar as you want too much is horrible, post workout is more important. What are your goals weight gain/loss are you a hard gainer or not these factors matter when you have too much sugar i would just get fat if i had that every day.
Back to top Go down
stilkobg

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:49 pm

ironloo wrote:
I don't agree with as much sugar as you want too much is horrible, post workout is more important. What are your goals weight gain/loss are you a hard gainer or not these factors matter when you have too much sugar i would just get fat if i had that every day.

Well i don't really need to lose weight so i guess it would be good if I gain some and I drink it 3 times a week after my kickboxing workout. About the sugar i don't think it needs any it's sweet enough from the fruits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 pm

That's good i would add more protein though if its post workout maybe brown rice protein or eat it with fish or something high in protein. Milk and the fruit has the natural sugars, i eat no refined sugars the honey use sparingly to much leads to hairloss.
Back to top Go down
stilkobg

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Sorry, i dind't understand the thing about the honey should i eat it or not Very Happy ; Anyway I'm going to bed I'll see your answer tomorrow and Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Use the honey sparingly if you use too much you will experience hair loss, same goes for tomatoes, and egg plants use very sparingly they are extreme forms of yin and cause expansion.Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
Vladimir

Vladimir

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 pm

ironloo wrote:
Use the honey sparingly if you use too much you will experience hair loss, same goes for tomatoes, and egg plants use very sparingly they are extreme forms of yin and cause expansion.Goodluck.

learn something new everyday
Back to top Go down
stilkobg

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:37 am

ironloo wrote:
Thanks I understood Smile Maybe that's why my grandfather lost most of his hair Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheDson

TheDson

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:14 am

ironloo wrote:

hey, man, "as much" meens not too much - but to taste of every person. Smb likes no sugar, somebody one tea spoon, smb 2. Of course, it is clear that you should not it more than 2 spoons of sugar.

and i suppose that the authore of this theme understands that as he places honey in his coctail, it is enough, or may be 1 little pinch of sugar will suit.

I finished =)
Back to top Go down
TheDson

TheDson

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:18 am

Vladimir wrote:
ironloo wrote:

learn something new everyday
+1, Volodya! =) cheers
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 pm

ironloo wrote:

okayyyyyyyy i dont think that this was the most appropriate post. All of those are very nutritious/amazing to eat in high quantities (except the honey). Honey is an amazing fast release CHO. Also i feel like maybe some people on this site are very easily swayed and i want to tell them do no avoid these foods - ironloo is just giving one interperatation based on eastern philosophy (i think). Ironloo this is not an attack on you and i hope this did not come off as aggressive. The prose of eggplant and tomato far outweigh any health risks UNLESS you have certain medical conditions that make u sensitive to nightshades (tomatoes and potaoes, etc).
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Mdrop no hard feelings, sure they have benefits but so do many other foods, but these foods in particular i would use very sparingly due to what i stated. As for the people reading this on whether to use these foods or not from what i studied and personal trial and error with these foods it is best to use them sparingly.
Back to top Go down
Mdrop

Mdrop

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 pm

ironloo wrote:
Mdrop no hard feelings, sure they have benefits but so do many other foods, but these foods in particular i would use very sparingly due to what i stated. As for the people reading this on whether to use these foods or not from what i studied and personal trial and error with these foods it is best to use them sparingly.

Do u have any studies? I havent been able to find anything in regards to tomatoes and hairloss. Lycopene is one of the absolute best things you can put in your body tho. Again i hope this isnt comming off as rude or an attack
Back to top Go down
ironloo

ironloo

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:23 pm

I have personal studies, books, and knowledge from others. As far as Lycopene goes you can get it from other sources asparagus, grape fruits, melons, peppers, carrots and more. I have said what i have to say, time for some pull ups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Milkshake   My Milkshake Empty

Back to top Go down

My Milkshake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Nutrition-
Jump to: