Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 finger push ups...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-09-28
Age : 23
Location : Australia. Melbourne

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 am

i tried finger push ups for the challenge, which Kalasthenos made, but theres one problem. My fingers hurt from the bending and basically the weight put over them. Is there any way i can strengthen my fingers? its not a problem of grip, just simply my fingers...
thanks
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 33
Location : Loughborough, UK

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am

lionzrulz wrote:
i tried finger push ups for the challenge, which Kalasthenos made, but theres one problem. My fingers hurt from the bending and basically the weight put over them. Is there any way i can strengthen my fingers? its not a problem of grip, just simply my fingers...
thanks

Work up to it like you would any other exercise Wink

Start by doing knee press-ups, then graduate to full press-ups, elevated press-ups and then planche press-ups... all on the fingers Wink
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-09-28
Age : 23
Location : Australia. Melbourne

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:52 am

Tim wrote:
lionzrulz wrote:
i tried finger push ups for the challenge, which Kalasthenos made, but theres one problem. My fingers hurt from the bending and basically the weight put over them. Is there any way i can strengthen my fingers? its not a problem of grip, just simply my fingers...
thanks

Work up to it like you would any other exercise Wink

Start by doing knee press-ups, then graduate to full press-ups, elevated press-ups and then planche press-ups... all on the fingers Wink

i cant believe i didnt think of doing that...
Thank you Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

Posts : 856
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 33
Location : Loughborough, UK

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 am

muppet tongue Wink
Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

Posts : 731
Join date : 2010-07-05
Age : 42
Location : San Diego

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:58 am


I agree with Tim.

I've been working on my (2) finger pushup this way.

May I also suggest using fingertips on one hand and normal on the other.

In the begnning I start with a foam mat or in the grass to ease some of the pressure, then work onto harder surfaces like steel lol.
Back to top Go down
raja



Posts : 294
Join date : 2009-11-19
Location : Orlando, Florida

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:02 am

Fingertip pushups are a great part of an overall hand and wrist prehab program. Certainly worth doing multiple times per week to strengthen the connective tissue in that area.
Back to top Go down
Chrishurst

Chrishurst

Posts : 43
Join date : 2011-04-13
Age : 28
Location : Houston

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:39 am

I built up my finger tip strength by holding planks with just my fingers and ever 15 seconds I'd take away a finger, then I'd go back to my hold hand. It was two minutes total, but I trained finger strength for a while. I wanted one arm two finger pushups like Bruce Lee, it took me about 3 months to get them clean.

Also, leaning on walls with your fingers opening push open doors with them. I got those from a old kung fu guy who owns the place where I do gymnastics.
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-09-28
Age : 23
Location : Australia. Melbourne

finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Chrishurst wrote:
I built up my finger tip strength by holding planks with just my fingers and ever 15 seconds I'd take away a finger, then I'd go back to my hold hand. It was two minutes total, but I trained finger strength for a while. I wanted one arm two finger pushups like Bruce Lee, it took me about 3 months to get them clean.

Also, leaning on walls with your fingers opening push open doors with them. I got those from a old kung fu guy who owns the place where I do gymnastics.

thank you, will try that Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




finger push ups... Empty
PostSubject: Re: finger push ups...   finger push ups... Empty

Back to top Go down
 
finger push ups...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: