Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need help to start a training program !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mat Logan

Need help to start a training program !  Empty
PostSubject: Need help to start a training program !    Need help to start a training program !  EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi guys !

That website is awesome, I have always said that bodyweight training is the way to go !

I am trying to start a program but I really do not know where to start. Here are the max reps I can do for pull ups, push ups and dips :

Pulls ups - 17
Push ups - 68
Dips - 33

I also can do 1 muscle up but not really properly ! I have been doing bodyweight exercises for a long time but have never tried to include exercises such as 1 hand push ups, burplee pull ups and other original sets in my programs.

You would be very kind if you could help me with a training program... I really don't know where to start ! My goal is to get much stronger and to be able to do more muscle ups and other stuff like handstand push ups and human flag !

Thank you very much !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Need help to start a training program !    Need help to start a training program !  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Well my advice is to do the basics (pull ups,push ups,dips,squats etc etc) and also work on the move u want to achieve. For example u can work on muscle ups (explosive pull ups, muscle up negatives and many muscle up tries) , well for levers etc and for planche u ll need strong core , so planks,l-sits and other core exercises will help u get there.

Just train basics and exercises that help u get to the move u want to achieve.

Just do pulling movements, pushing movements, core exercises , legs and cardio and u ll get better and achieve the moves.

As for handstand u can do handstand against a wall at start for time so ur ll get used to it , maybe try handstand push ups against a wall and tries of free handstand. Its a nice exercise for shoulders Smile

Hope i helped man.

edit: search the forum and training logs too so u ll get more infos and ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raja

PostSubject: Re: Need help to start a training program !    Need help to start a training program !  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 am

Nail these movements before trying any higher level work(back lever, planche, one arm chin up, etc.):

Muscle up- slow and controlled in all phases of the movement, even the transition
Lsit- 30 to 60 second hold on the floor a la Coach Sommer
German hang/skin the cat- work up to a 60 second hold in one set. Follow Coach Sommer's protocol for training(50% of max set length for worksets to aggregate to 60 total seconds). This prepares you for the back lever

You may also want to work on these:
Glute ham raise/Harop Curl, Pistol squat, the Shrimp(Ido Portal), Ring dips, russian dips, korean dips, etc.

Prehab is crucial. Coach Sommer's wrist routine, external rotator work, trap 3 lifts, wall extensions, Ido Portal's Scapula and Shoulder routines etc. are all very useful tools to keep you making progress.

Check out the gymnastic bodies forum. Lots of good info there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help to start a training program !    Need help to start a training program !  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help to start a training program !
Page 1 of 1