Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Improving the basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike92

Improving the basics Empty
PostSubject: Improving the basics   Improving the basics EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm pretty excited to start training with just body weight (almost) Wink. I still am going to do some weight training just to help with certain body weight movements.

My goals are:

- 50 continuous, shoulder width, chest-to-floor push ups
- 20 pullups (overhand)
- 200 situps

Currently I can do:

- 21 continuous, shoulder width, chest-to-floor push ups
- 9 underhand pullups (underhand are SO much easier for me)
- 2 or 3 overhand pullups
- 100-120 situps

As of right now, I am not really concerned with the advanced moves (iron cross, plankes, forn/back levers). I just want to get really good at the basics.

Currently, I am doing three calisthenics circuits a week on non-consecutive days and three interval/running sessions on non-consecutive days. On the circuit days I'll do some tricep extensions and dumbbell curls as well.

Should I do a conventional superset, pyramid or ladder routine OR should i just completely mix it up every workout? Should I follow a linear progression routine or more of a "random and varied" routine (akin to Crossfit)?

Thanks for the replies and good luck with everyone's training.

-Mike92
Back to top Go down
1stratos1

1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Improving the basics   Improving the basics EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Well it depends what u prefer (i mean pyramid , ladder, just maxes etc).
Or u maybe just do one day pyramids, one day maxes, one day fixed reps per week so u ll do everything. Or just as u said mix it up for example a pyramid for warm up and then maxes or fixed reps.

As for plan i used to have a strict plan and try to follow it (it was difficult not an easy thats no challenge at all) after i have done something like a goal plan ( i mean i set goal in every set and try to do the number, and if i wasnt able i was doing some extra sets with the difference goal and what i ve done). Now i just have a plan on lets say 4 sets of max pull ups (or chin ups , wide narrow whatever) at least, 4 at push ups (dips etc) , 4 core , etc so i do as much i want but if i m not in good day not in good mood to workout i ll push a bit myself to do the least workout.

Hope it helps, and plank is not an advanced move but i guess u was meaning planche Razz
Plank is just a good way to train ur abs and achieve L-sit Smile
Back to top Go down
Zhulien

PostSubject: Re: Improving the basics   Improving the basics EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:36 am

1stratos1 wrote:

Hope it helps, and plank is not an advanced move but i guess u was meaning planche Razz
Plank is just a good way to train ur abs and achieve L-sit Smile
Plank refers to planche, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Improving the basics   Improving the basics Empty

Back to top Go down

Improving the basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: