Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chest Workout?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eddy0598

Chest Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Chest Workout?   Chest Workout? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Hey Im fairly new to Calisthenics in the sense that I used to do the exercises....just didnt know it had a name lol
Is there any body weight workouts that can increase chest mass, particularly inner and lower chest?

So far my chest workout is:
Max pushups normal (40-45)
15 diamonds
15 wide grip
15 normal
Then a repeat on incline and decline of the diamonds, wide grip, normal
Then max pushups again (10 if lucky)
Finally dips till failure

Do note that I take up to 5 min breaks inbetween each set

Ok so far I have only completed this workout about 5 times but after every full workout my chest has been in pain for days! and have noticed results in the tonage and bulk of the outer chest.
Just wanted to find out if it is enough to build a noticeable amount of mass with, if not are there any bodyweight workouts that can? And finally if so what are the recommendations?
Thanks! xD
Back to top Go down
1stratos1

1stratos1

Chest Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest Workout?   Chest Workout? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Well u can do more sets with dips and i think doing them 1st is better because dips are harder than push ups.

Well i ll just give u an example of how i workout these days.

I max in every set. Do 6 sets.
2 sets of max dips rest 10-30 sec and max (or near max) on tricep dips
rest 3-5 mins between sets
2 sets of max wide push ups 10-30 sec rest and max (or near max) on diamond push ups
rest 3-5 mins
2 sets of max hip push ups 10-30 sec rest and max (or near max) on push ups

I just try to pick 2 exercises , one that works more chest , one more triceps and i do them with low rest between. It looks like it works, u can change if u want the exercises , it works for me.

I think that if u try hard results will come, there are many methods to workout , normal maxes, pyramids , weighted , slow and controlled , plyometric etc etc , everything works.

About ur workout i guess it works as u say u feel sored for many days.
For gaining muscle u must eat much and maybe weighted and slow and controlled moves helps more to build muscle i think.

Just workout and change plans once in a while and as u progress muscle will come.

I hope i helped Smile
Back to top Go down
Eddy0598

Chest Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest Workout?   Chest Workout? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Quote :
Well u can do more sets with dips and i think doing them 1st is better because dips are harder than push ups.

Well i ll just give u an example of how i workout these days.

I max in every set. Do 6 sets.
2 sets of max dips rest 10-30 sec and max (or near max) on tricep dips
rest 3-5 mins between sets
2 sets of max wide push ups 10-30 sec rest and max (or near max) on diamond push ups
rest 3-5 mins
2 sets of max hip push ups 10-30 sec rest and max (or near max) on push ups

I just try to pick 2 exercises , one that works more chest , one more triceps and i do them with low rest between. It looks like it works, u can change if u want the exercises , it works for me.

I think that if u try hard results will come, there are many methods to workout , normal maxes, pyramids , weighted , slow and controlled , plyometric etc etc , everything works.

About ur workout i guess it works as u say u feel sored for many days.
For gaining muscle u must eat much and maybe weighted and slow and controlled moves helps more to build muscle i think.

Just workout and change plans once in a while and as u progress muscle will come.

I hope i helped Smile

Hey Thanks!!! xD Just answered in detail and covered everything I needed to know, I like the idea of doing dips first as they will hit the chest immediately because of theyre difficulty. I will try to integrate your killer looking workout into mine soon, just need to get a little stronger first.
Also you said it has had positive results for you...how long would you say it would take to see major differences?
Back to top Go down
1stratos1

1stratos1

Chest Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest Workout?   Chest Workout? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Well i workout with bodyweight for about 8-10 months not sure. Of course sometimes i was busy so not much workout. I was changing plans once in a while not big differences so cant tell u what worked more, BUT i can assure u that i see big differences from the beginning. Also what i was caring most was strength and endurance so from these two (from reps in the sets etc ) i can assure u that worked well for me, it wasnt a magic way to increase my number it is just a way i like to workout these days and help me push my self harder (as i mentioned earlier trying hard is what matters most).

Well for muscle i saw right from the start from pull ups my wings to getting bigger,now i have a big back in my opinion so i m glad Smile , and today i saw when i ve done l-sit on dip bars that my chest was bigger than i thought Very Happy , these are examples that i realized the major difference from the start of even 1-2 months before.

For ur body ,it depends on how hard u try, u can see major differences in 1 month even in 3 weeks if u work hard, maybe longer maybe less u dont know.

By training with bodyweight exercises and eating much and healthy u ll make more muscle for sure, if u also do cardio u ll help to tone ur muscles i guess faster.

SO try it if u want, if u like it keep it and stick with it and see if it gives u nice results, after a month u ll maybe want to change the way u workout again.OR maybe u want to stick with ur program for a while and try it later, its up to u Smile . Hope i made things clearer.

There is no magic way to make muscle, get stronger or whatever, train hard and u ll reach ur goal sooner or later.

This phrase i saw it today but dont remember who said it, its like this:
"Dont be afraid to progress slowly (or move or whatever Razz) , be afraid not to progress at all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chest Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest Workout?   Chest Workout? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chest Workout?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: