Elite Bodyweight Training
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Weight Vest Routines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geronimo

Geronimo

Posts : 148
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 30
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:26 pm

I was wondering what you guys think are the best weight vest routines. I know there are ones where you max on pull ups with a vest, then take it off and max without it. And do a few sets of those. Or you start light and keep adding. What works best for you guys? A new routine to try would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jess



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-01-12

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 am

Geronimo wrote:
I was wondering what you guys think are the best weight vest routines. I know there are ones where you max on pull ups with a vest, then take it off and max without it. And do a few sets of those. Or you start light and keep adding. What works best for you guys? A new routine to try would be much appreciated.
Hard to say what is best, because most people have different goals, and different routines.
For instance, you can only get your first pullup one time around. Since, most people get it with one routine, they can't personally compare all the other options.

Heavy to light - I think that is commonly called drop sets. Seems like many people have good success with them.

I don't do drop sets for any of my workouts. I just pick a resistance and bang out sets to failure until I am done with a specific number of sets. I just added weighted pullups a week ago and I'm noticing I'm a little stronger already. Originally, I didn't want to use weight, but I'm not really sure what a good next progression would be, so I just added weight. Either way, I should learn something from this little experiment. Too much of the same old rep scheme was boring me to death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

Geronimo

Posts : 148
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 30
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Jess wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
I was wondering what you guys think are the best weight vest routines. I know there are ones where you max on pull ups with a vest, then take it off and max without it. And do a few sets of those. Or you start light and keep adding. What works best for you guys? A new routine to try would be much appreciated.
Hard to say what is best, because most people have different goals, and different routines.
For instance, you can only get your first pullup one time around. Since, most people get it with one routine, they can't personally compare all the other options.

Heavy to light - I think that is commonly called drop sets. Seems like many people have good success with them.

I don't do drop sets for any of my workouts. I just pick a resistance and bang out sets to failure until I am done with a specific number of sets. I just added weighted pullups a week ago and I'm noticing I'm a little stronger already. Originally, I didn't want to use weight, but I'm not really sure what a good next progression would be, so I just added weight. Either way, I should learn something from this little experiment. Too much of the same old rep scheme was boring me to death.

Drop sets seem to be working, although i too only have started doing weights pull ups/push ups/dips a few weeks ago. I've seen some routines where people keep increasing weight and reps. I assume you don't max out on them, just set a goal for each weight. Im not sure though. Just want to switch up my routines. Thanks for the feed back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bevinator



Posts : 244
Join date : 2011-07-14

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:47 am

Well this is not the entirety of my workout for the day but this is something I've been doing every now and again as a part.

2 X 15 reps of 10kg

2 X 10 reps of 20kg

2 X 7 reps of 30 kg

Ive only recently stepped it up to the 30kg due to running out of weights and only recently finding a boat anchor to chuck on there haha.

But is doing me alright. Maybe I should be stepping it up more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

Posts : 1626
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 30
Location : Glen Cove NY

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Use light to medium weight vest build up till you can rep out what you do with no weight i usually do dips,pull ups,push ups this way. Also doing hard high rep leg workouts with heavy vest 60lbs.+ leave it on the whole workout. Sometimes 5 sets each maxout pullups, dips, push ups, rows, straight bar dips then do it all over minus the vest then same concept for core with ankle weights.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

Geronimo

Posts : 148
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 30
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 am

ironloo wrote:
Use light to medium weight vest build up till you can rep out what you do with no weight i usually do dips,pull ups,push ups this way. Also doing hard high rep leg workouts with heavy vest 60lbs.+ leave it on the whole workout. Sometimes 5 sets each maxout pullups, dips, push ups, rows, straight bar dips then do it all over minus the vest then same concept for core with ankle weights.


You just do 5 sets of pull ups...one minute rest inbetween sets...then go on to dips and pushups. after, take off the vest and repeat all 15 sets with rest?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

Posts : 1626
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 30
Location : Glen Cove NY

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:00 am

Thats it just take more break in between the weighted sets ,you could do 1 min rest un -weighted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

Geronimo

Posts : 148
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 30
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:50 am

i feel like that would be too much rest in between the weighted and the unweighted pull ups, no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

Posts : 1626
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 30
Location : Glen Cove NY

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 am

Like this
ex:
Pull ups 5sets x 15+ reps
Dips 5sets x 20+ reps
push ups 5 setsx25 reps

same routine after just no vest prob less recovery and try to beat each of the weighted reps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geronimo

Geronimo

Posts : 148
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 30
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 pm

ironloo wrote:
Like this
ex:
Pull ups 5sets x 15+ reps
Dips 5sets x 20+ reps
push ups 5 setsx25 reps

same routine after just no vest prob less recovery and try to beat each of the weighted reps.

okay i'll try that out. thanks for the reply ironloo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

Posts : 1626
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 30
Location : Glen Cove NY

Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 pm

no prob tell me how u like it after
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Weight Vest Routines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Vest Routines   Weight Vest Routines Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Weight Vest Routines
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Observation with Weight!
» 6 x 10 trailer tongue weight with RZR
» simplicity weight
» THE OPS VEST
» Elizabeth Horne v Zhanna Chingule....new year cup

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Training :: Training Routines-
Jump to: