Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beginner core workout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alberigo

Beginner core workout Empty
PostSubject: Beginner core workout   Beginner core workout EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey,
I'm quite new to calisthenics and my weak spot seems to be my core.
Does anybody know a good core workout for beginners, I have trouble being creative for it and being able to advance.

I'm shooting towards being able to do an L-Sit easily, Dragon Flags and other exercise that level. (And maybe the Human Flag in a few years Very Happy )

Thanks
-Canada
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alberigo

PostSubject: Re: Beginner core workout   Beginner core workout EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm

And the back/front lever!! Very Happy ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1stratos1

1stratos1

PostSubject: Re: Beginner core workout   Beginner core workout EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Well Plank, side plank, bridge is something good to start with.
Also hanging leg raises or knee raises helps too. U can also do double crunches , jackknives , sit ups,leg raises etc.

For ur training u can either do super sets or just some sets of some exercises. One super set maybe can be like: 10 hanging leg raises, 10 hanging knee raises , 30 sec plank, 30 sec side plank each side repeat 3 more times (so 4 sets total) with 1-3 min rest between and after than rest 2-3 mins and max out in plank and in side plank in each side.

Hope it helps, this was an example if u want try it by adjusting it to ur level or just make ur own plan with more or less exercises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alberigo

PostSubject: Re: Beginner core workout   Beginner core workout EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:09 am

Sweet thanks a lot! I will defitnetly be trying that routine tomorow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner core workout   Beginner core workout Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginner core workout
Page 1 of 1