Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SlikRic

SlikRic

An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli Empty
PostSubject: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:38 am

When I was talking to Zef today about his training, he shared what's going through his mind during the crazy sets he does. In his words, "When I'm pushing or pulling I have no respect for my body. I throw it (my body) around like it weighs nothing. In fact my body doesn't even exist." Not word for word but this is what he was saying.

This made a lot of sense to me since this explanation is exactly what he's been looking like on the pull-up bar lately. If you've seen him recently on the bar, then you'd see this quote above matches him perfectly. Everything you've seen on Youtube is nothing compared to how Zef is now. Every single week I notice UNBELIEVABLE improvements. You have to see him in person in order to fully appreciate the strength. I just wish I got better footage of him today. (miss a few sets)

His mindset is incredible. Now of course it goes without saying that you must be unthinkably strong to train with this mindset without injuring yourself. What I find so impressive though, is that the mindset is to lift yourself with no respect for your own body, throwing it up and down, letting out all frustrations and angers etc. YET HE STILL KEEPS PERFECT TECHNIQUE AND FORM THROUGHOUT THE SETS!!?!?!?!

Of course I've always practiced sets of 10 standard pull-ups since I was a teenager, but as far as further progress or the freestyle moves, I owe all my success and strength on the pull-up bar to my first teachers and inspirations, Zef and Jude.

Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rickseedman.com/
loganlion

loganlion

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 am

Thank you for sharing, man! Interesting reading.

And it's really all about your mindset when you're training. You can be strong as hell, but if you're not mentally strong enough, it wont really bring you anywhere...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daWALLi

daWALLi

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:23 am

Very interesting indeed!

The mind is a very powerful tool. Utilize it properly and skies the limit!

Thanks for sharing Rick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleBeastM - SS3

LittleBeastM - SS3

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:57 am

wow rick this is a very nice (story) - zef is such an big insperation to me i mean everysingle morning i wake up i watch the old clips from zef on his account youtube , from 2007 to 2009 . and im so thankfull for that i found this (bar-barians) and all others - and now i cant live withouth the bar! just like an mp3 cant live withouth his batterys lol !

yup the mind is verystrong, thats what im tellin my little team!
they like i m so tired today - i say its all in the mind just like RED SAID ON WINTER SETS MAD MONEY TO THE BRAIN!

OK BACK TO TRAINING! peace all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uk Jay

uk Jay

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks for Sharing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LMTGJ

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Wow, the mind is a very challenging thing to master but when you do, it can be a very useful and powerful tool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakaveli

zakaveli

PostSubject: very interesting indeed.   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:16 pm

thanks for posting,you have to get in a zone(focus) to achieve your goals in every aspect life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bar-barians.com
Chitown_brotha

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 pm

haha damn lbm, i used to do that same s**t as-well still do at times right before i go to work out. And yes very interesting, thanks Rick for sharing this and definitely mind is most important thing in my eyes, body is the tool mind is the controller of it it doesn't function right then you wont be able to do things you want to do, i get that allot, it's crazy when I'm riding to my park and i'm thinking about all sort of things then i notice that my work outs are hella weak, i get tired quicker, i'm weaker i can't do this good or that but then again the other days that I'm going to the park i got my mind straight, i feel like i'm ready willing and able then my training goes hella better i improve, i can do things that i couldn't before, i get stronger......so yeah definitely tru
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli   An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli Empty

Back to top Go down

An Interesting Mindset - Zakaveli
Page 1 of 1