Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What comes after lever press up?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mistakenshyness

What comes after lever press up? Empty
PostSubject: What comes after lever press up?   What comes after lever press up? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:47 am

I am fairly comfortable with good form lever press ups, which in convict conditioning is the last stage before one arm press ups. They challenge me but are now totally manageable up to around ten reps.

According to the author of CC one arm press ups "shouldn't be too intimidating" after mastering the lever. However, I am nowhere anywhere near approaching the one arm press up. I can't even get a one armed negative wide-stance knee press up!

I wonder if this is primarily a strength or a balance issue. Either way, I feel like there are three or four "missing" progressions between lever press ups and the one arm press up, but I'm not sure what. How did the rest of you get there?

Back to top Go down
Al_Kavadlo

Al_Kavadlo

PostSubject: Re: What comes after lever press up?   What comes after lever press up? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Check out this article I wrote on one arm press ups.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AlKavadlo.com
vindicated1

vindicated1

PostSubject: Re: What comes after lever press up?   What comes after lever press up? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:41 am

mistakenshyness wrote:
I am fairly comfortable with good form lever press ups, which in convict conditioning is the last stage before one arm press ups. They challenge me but are now totally manageable up to around ten reps.
whats a lever press up? like a planche push up?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVindicatedOne?feature=mhum
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: What comes after lever press up?   What comes after lever press up? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za8xFvnBN8U

Like this - one arm regular position, one arm straight out on a raised object
Back to top Go down
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: What comes after lever press up?   What comes after lever press up? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:34 am

I just wanted to update this thread for anyone who finds it at a later date with a similar problem. For me the trouble in progressing was definitely technique-related rather than strength-related. Although I had the right triangular feet and arm position, I was coming straight down onto my arm, and basically crushing it and forcing it to collapse on itself rather than following a slightly curved route down the side which gives the arm some space and a nice healthy range of motion (Al Kavadlo's new video on one armed press ups has a good example of this better technique)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What comes after lever press up?   What comes after lever press up? Empty

Back to top Go down

What comes after lever press up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: