Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Simple Bicep exercise...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tim

Tim

Simple Bicep exercise... Empty
PostSubject: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Ok, bit of a bizarre question but does anyone know any basic exercises (ie not planche) which don't use any equipment (like a pull-up bar) that works the biceps.

I.e. something akin to press-ups for triceps.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken

Ken

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I guess you could just flex the biceps as hard as possible at 90 degrees and try to push the flexing arm down with your other hand Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pilku

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:14 pm

bicep curls, most effective with rings but can also be done on a low bar, daniel made a tutorial aswell, you just youtube it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:20 pm

can't use rings or a low bar i'm afraid...

This is for general conditioning for the Ultimate frisbee team I play for, so the exercise would have to be suitable for a group of 20 - 50 ergo, no equipment.

Ken, your's was the only thing i could think of, but I don't think it would work too well. Far easier getting people to do a press-up/squat etc Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHouDeani

TheHouDeani

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:01 pm

strict, slow typewriter pushups going back and forth hit the bicep somewhat. besides that, its hard to think of bicep exercises with just your own body
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mdrop

Mdrop

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 am

Use each other. Have two people stand face to face, one guys palms up, the other guys palms down, interlocked. The palms up guy starts from a totaly locked out position at the bottom of a bicep curl and curls up. The palms down guy applies as much pressure as needed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Like M drop said you can use each other. I've seen some jail cell workouts like this on you tube. Could use a partner leaning exercise to pull towards each other. kind of like a one armed australian pull up. lots of possibilities this way.

There is one other exercise however, I know of that works your bicep in isolation. kind of like a bodyweight hammer curl.

Lay on your side knees bent. clasp under both of your legs with one hand and use your elbow as the fulcrum to curl your legs up and in towards the sky. push down into your arm for increased resistance. static holds etc. will be too easy just to lift legs alone. be creative.

kind of akward at first, but could work if you have nothing or nobody to work biceps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stilkobg

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:55 am

If you have someone light or if you have kids there that are 30-50kg you can curl them Very Happy ( I have seen many guys curling kids lol )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scotaidh

Scotaidh

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 pm

You could do a clinch exercise like in kickboxing and MMA. You obviously need to partner up. Have the person that is working their biceps overlap their hands over their partner's occipital bone of the skull and pull their head to the top of their chest where it meets their neck. The person being pulled would oppose w/reasonable force, but try not to strain their neck. The person opposing would get a great neck and trap workout.

Also, partners could hold their frisbee palms up in a curl position together and oppose each others force.. Great for finger strength I would imagine.

I hope I explained well enough. I hope the ideas work for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks for all the ideas guys Very Happy

Muchly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Bicep exercise...   Simple Bicep exercise... Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple Bicep exercise...
Page 1 of 1