Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lifting weights to bodyweight only

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chaos

Lifting weights to bodyweight only Empty
PostSubject: Lifting weights to bodyweight only   Lifting weights to bodyweight only EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Well, I'm new here obviously..been reading a bit and love this site.

I wanted to share my story. I used to lift weights all the time and then one day while surfing youtube, I was watching all these guys doing incredible feats of strength in parks, playgrounds etc. I think the video I watched was Hannibal and Barrilla.

Something sparked in me and I wanted to try this type of training. My fear was that I would lose lot's of muscle mass and become skinny. Well, I went ahead with my experiment. My last workout with weights I was hammer curling 60 lbs dumbells.

My first bodyweight workout consisted of dips, wide push ups and pull-ups. Thought I was strong but, the pull-up bar humbled me greatly.

I tested my curls the other day for fun and I could still do the 60 lbs hammer curls and it's been over a year since I touched them. The heavy vest and pull-ups have kept my arms strong.

I don't think I will ever go back to my old way of lifting again. I will stick with Body weight exercises.

Cheers Chaos pirat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkantos

arkantos

Lifting weights to bodyweight only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lifting weights to bodyweight only   Lifting weights to bodyweight only EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:55 pm

great story, its almost exactly what happened to me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lifting weights to bodyweight only
Page 1 of 1