Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crossfit Games on TV

Go down 
AuthorMessage
russtopher

Crossfit Games on TV Empty
PostSubject: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:55 pm

For those in the US, I saw the Crossfit Games on ESPN2 yesterday. They're on for the next two wednesdays from 8-10 eastern time. Just thought some of you might be interested. I found it pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:53 pm

As a future physical therapist, I had to stop watching it. All I saw was future client after future client after future client. I like the idea of getting it done no matter how deep you have to dig, but when using weights while extremely exhausted and throwing in terrible form... That is a recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
russtopher

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:07 pm

yea im not agreeing with everything they do but u definitely have to admit theyre in incredible shape and they do use a lot of calisthenics
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:52 pm

They are definitely in great shape. I'm not even knocking Crossfit. I think it's a great program. I just think that the way they do the Crossfit Games is a surefire way to get people injured.
Back to top Go down
Johnny 5

Johnny 5

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 am

mgraham404 wrote:
They are definitely in great shape. I'm not even knocking Crossfit. I think it's a great program. I just think that the way they do the Crossfit Games is a surefire way to get people injured.

I agree 100%. performing clean and jerks when you're barely able to breathe or stand straight is definitely questionable. Olympic Lifting should be done like they do in the Olympics. not after consecutive sets of 20-30 ft. rope climbs. just saying.

However, these guys are in great shape and they are there for a reason.

Last edited by Johnny 5 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mgraham404

mgraham404

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:55 pm

Johnny 5 wrote:
I agree 100%. performing clean and jerks when your barely able to breathe or stand straight is definitely questionable.

That is exactly the moment I was thinking of. When that guy attempted 3 times to do the clean and jerk, and every time he fell to his knees and was fighting the weight, exhaustion, and shaky knees to get standing... I was just waiting to see an ACL tear.
Back to top Go down
mtguy1976

mtguy1976

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:00 am

Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking that out the clean and jerk. My wife saw it and just had this horrified look on her face. I thought the first competition was good (sea swim, run, pull-ups, push-ups, squats and run). Its something different though to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossfit Games on TV   Crossfit Games on TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Crossfit Games on TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: