Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strength and size imbalance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gomtom

gomtom

Strength and size imbalance  Empty
PostSubject: Strength and size imbalance    Strength and size imbalance  EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 am

So I've been slowing ramping up my training this year after recovering from a fractured neck last year (gymnastics accident) and while I'm getting stronger again and putting on some muscle I've started to see a noticeable difference in size and strength in my chest. Left pec is much more filled out than the right and stronger over a range of exercises.

Has anyone had trouble with this before? and can anyone suggest any moves that target one side off the chest?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

Strength and size imbalance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength and size imbalance    Strength and size imbalance  EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am

There's a similar thread discussing it before : http://bar-barians.forumotion.com/t2946-chest-problem

Depending on your injury, that may have had some impact on your musculature.

Couple of other thoughts, overall you will have a dominant side - this will naturally be slightly bigger unless you do a lot symmetrical training (More-over since you have been injured you might not have used your right side as much, thus causing some wasting...)

A Simple thing to improve size is just normal press-ups/dips etc and focus on making sure your form is correct and not working the left side more...

You can also try focusing on (assisted)one-arm press-ups for right side
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Strength and size imbalance
Page 1 of 1