Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gooberhead

Gooberhead

Bar diameters.....parallel bar width? Empty
PostSubject: Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?   Bar diameters.....parallel bar width? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 am

I'm putting in a horizontal bar and parallel bars at home. What are the best diameters for each type of bar.....and what width should the parallel bars be apart?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stilkobg

PostSubject: Re: Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?   Bar diameters.....parallel bar width? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 am

Don't know about the diameter, but someone here said that the best widht is the distance from your elbow to your middle figner Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?   Bar diameters.....parallel bar width? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 am

stilkobg wrote:
Don't know about the diameter, but someone here said that the best widht is the distance from your elbow to your middle figner Smile

Ya beat me to that one Razz

The 'standard' width is about 1" - same as gymnastics bars however anything from 1"-2" works fine.

(My own is standard scaffolding which is 1.75" Smile )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disembowelment

PostSubject: Re: Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?   Bar diameters.....parallel bar width? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 pm

stilkobg wrote:

This is what I was going to say as well. Custom fit, what up!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?   Bar diameters.....parallel bar width? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bar diameters.....parallel bar width?
Page 1 of 1