Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Endurance & Strength

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NastyStrength

Endurance & Strength Empty
PostSubject: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:48 am

Hey guys, i dont get this thing about Strength and Endurance. Whats the definition of Strength and Endurance & whats the difference between two of them. & how do we train for both of them? according to my understanding there is a different way u can train for Strength and Endurance. How will strength help me & how will endurance help me?
Back to top Go down
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:53 am

To put it simply, doing more of something = endurance, lifting heavier of something = strength. Two one armed chin ups are an impressive feat of strength, fifty regular chin ups are an impressive feat of endurance.
Back to top Go down
NastyStrength

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 am

ohhh ok thats interesting. then if i would like to increase the number of pullups i can do in a row(without weights just my bodyweight) , i guess training for endurance would be more suitable for me am i right? Then if i would like to train for endurance, then how would i go upon doing it?

my current training setup is this

- Pullup 3repsx10sets 10seconds rest between sets
- Pushup 2x4x6x8x6x4x2 no rest
- Dips 5repsx4sets 20seconds rest between sets

Is this ok? or would it be preferable dat i switched my routine every here and there
Back to top Go down
mistakenshyness

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 am

There are various ways to improve endurance. The one that I can stand by personally is greasing the groove. Google "grease the groove" and the first few sites will tell you all about that.

Many, many people find they hit a plateau with chin up endurance and make slow progress over time. It's a really universal experience. Just remember that each new chin up is a massive achievement compared to a new press up or a new dip. You're not going to be able to tack on new ones at quite the same pace.

You can improve endurance without ever making big strength gains, but I find that improving strength helps with endurance at least psychologically. If you can do a few chin ups with a heavy back pack on, when you take the back pack off and do regular chin ups the first several will feel just like your body is made of air.
Back to top Go down
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:53 am

To add onto what has already been said, I have found that you must build up strength, to start working on strength endurance, then start working on the limit strength again. Think of it as a continuous cycle.
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:03 am

NastyStrength wrote:
ohhh ok thats interesting. then if i would like to increase the number of pullups i can do in a row(without weights just my bodyweight) , i guess training for endurance would be more suitable for me am i right? Then if i would like to train for endurance, then how would i go upon doing it?

my current training setup is this

- Pullup 3repsx10sets 10seconds rest between sets
- Pushup 2x4x6x8x6x4x2 no rest
- Dips 5repsx4sets 20seconds rest between sets

Is this ok? or would it be preferable dat i switched my routine every here and there

what are your max reps for each exercise?

even if you wish to increase your number of pull ups first you need the strength to hold your weight and strength to keep your body nice and stable, after youve got the strength you can get more reps in for endurance. i just simply believe that this is the better way. also it can prevent injury, if you dont injury yourself with the added weight Razz
Back to top Go down
NastyStrength

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 am

I'm 15 years old. My max rep for pullup is 12 (not sure if i improved havent tried doing max for a long time) , dips 12, pushups 30
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:03 am

i reckon you should try weighted pull ups, and continue with dips....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endurance & Strength   Endurance & Strength Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance & Strength
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: