Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muscle Up Progression

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sosna

Sosna

Muscle Up Progression Empty
PostSubject: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:43 pm

First Muscle Up 13th Sept 2011

26th Sept at Athletics Training

I am planning to post further progression Videos over the next few weeks and months

Thank you all for the inspiration!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 pm

New Muscle up video Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
giorgio

giorgio

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 am

Good job man Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fed X

Fed X

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm

bro that pretty impressive!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Cheers guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: New Max   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Seems like having a bar in my flat helps a lot

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironloo

ironloo

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Huge progress Sosna shows your dedication, Sky's the limit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:45 am

ironloo wrote:
Huge progress Sosna shows your dedication, Sky's the limit!

Thanks! Love your video's too Ironloo, very inspiring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Thought I would also post this video here as i am so pleased with my progress over the last few months. I can only hope it continues.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
giorgio

giorgio

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Sosna wrote:
Thought I would also post this video here as i am so pleased with my progress over the last few months. I can only hope it continues.

Good job man, great proggression. I still can't do any mu. Any advice about preparatory exercise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 pm

giorgio wrote:

Good job man, great proggression. I still can't do any mu. Any advice about preparatory exercise?

Cheers man, Practice slow negatives and explosive pull-ups to chest. You also must use a slight swing at first and start pulling up as soon as you start the back swing. After you get your first one you just need to Grease The Groove so that your muscles learn the path that your body need to make. And then its just practice makes perfect really.

I'm still not happy with my muscle up form but the strength for un-kipped muscle ups will come with time i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:57 pm

A new video with some muscle-up clips

Back to top Go down
View user profile
karl_bm

karl_bm

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Congrats man, that is some amazing progress!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styrofoam Jones

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Great progress, bro. Keep it up!

Can I ask what kind of bar set-up you've got going on there at your house? Like, is it homemade or did you buy it? And what's keeping it on the walls? I only ask because I've been looking to get a bar installed somewhere in my house without much luck, but something like that looks like it'd work perfectly in my tall a$$ hallway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Styrofoam Jones wrote:
Great progress, bro. Keep it up!

Can I ask what kind of bar set-up you've got going on there at your house? Like, is it homemade or did you buy it? And what's keeping it on the walls? I only ask because I've been looking to get a bar installed somewhere in my house without much luck, but something like that looks like it'd work perfectly in my tall a$$ hallway.

Thanks guys, and to your question Styrofoam Jones, It is indeed homemade. I have had that pull-up bar for years and it just twists and extends onto doorways and stuff. However it wasn't long enough to fit in my hallway so I bought some blocks of wood and attached them to my wall using metal brackets. Its not exactly ideal as I would rather have a park somewhere near by but it does the job. Its held 130kg+ so far so seems as if it will do me for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holden

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 am

Really nice work mate!

I'm focus in increase the max number of pullups (now I do 9-8-Cool and then practice explosive pull ups to achieve a MU!

Inspiring post!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Muscle-up progress is still going and I'm not planning on stopping here.

My form has improved significantly now, less use of my legs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaurentM

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Very inspiring! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jimsiff

jimsiff

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:53 am

You know Sosna, when I saw your Barbaric attempt in the May contest thread, I was impressed. The form is very clean and you lock out at both ends every time. I never had watched your progression videos until now. In context, your most recent video is just that much better. That's damn fine work you've put in the past 8-9 months. Inspiring s**t, man... good job!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:26 pm

jimsiff wrote:
You know Sosna, when I saw your Barbaric attempt in the May contest thread, I was impressed. The form is very clean and you lock out at both ends every time. I never had watched your progression videos until now. In context, your most recent video is just that much better. That's damn fine work you've put in the past 8-9 months. Inspiring s**t, man... good job!!

Thanks a lot man, I do always try to focus on the quality of reps. I made this thread with the intention of sticking to it and upping my reps and form. I have however gone beyond what I expected and can't wait to see what the next 8-9 months brings Smile

I also wanted to show people how quickly you can progress if you are dedicated enough. (not that I knew I would get as far as I have from my first muscle-up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeromni

Zeromni

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:39 pm

ya dude you will be doing sets of hspus like a boss soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuarteP

DuarteP

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Really good progress!
How do you sugest to improve when you got the first Muscle Up.
I did my first only in the past week, so Im pretty new at it. Since there I have been doing like 5 sets of 1 in the morning and 5sets of 1 in the evening (somedays more sets or less, it depends how im doing them).
I only have one explosive workout per week, so i dont do many explosive pull ups.
Do you think I should put more explosive pull ups, or do more muscle ups, to get multiple reps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosna

Sosna

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Kinda forgot about this thread but I want to keep it alive.

Here's the most recent video of my muscle-ups:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
giallocalisthenics

giallocalisthenics

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 am

Hi man i've seen your videos and i'm so much impressed of that huge progression in such a short time. I would know which workout you've done for increasing reps and for improving form. Have you any tips to get BBR?
Thanks
giallo
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/giallocalisthenics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Up Progression   Muscle Up Progression Empty

Back to top Go down

Muscle Up Progression
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next