Elite Bodyweight Training

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSPU and wrists...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:05 pm

hey guys, everytime i do HSPU i ALWAYS feel pain in my wrists, i make sure i always warm up and stretch my wrists because they are a fragile area. and i strengthen the "wrist" with dead hangs or wrist curls, however these are hittng the forearms instead, so what can i do? are there any exercises that hit the wrists directly.
please help HSPU is my favourite exercise Sad
Back to top Go down
nguyenquanghung

nguyenquanghung

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 pm

strech alot man.it's a only way.warm up,strech,do some handstand,strech,more handstand,more stretch
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm

ok, ill see f that works, if i feel the pain i generally do stretch but maybe not long enough.. thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:06 am

Yup, lots of stretching Smile

To strengthen wrists, check out russian dips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdMOTkBU-2U (you can do the same idea in push-ups too, dropping onto your fore-arms and then push forward back up.)

Dead hangs work grip (which is part of your forearm) among other things Smile

If you are doing them against a wall (back to wall) make sure your hands aren't too far away from the wall as you may be leaning over your wrists more than you need to.

Good luck training!
Back to top Go down
nguyenquanghung

nguyenquanghung

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:22 am

i know man,hspu is my favorite exercsie and my wirst hurt all the time when i do it.
Back to top Go down
CalisthenicsAndy

CalisthenicsAndy

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:12 am

Tim wrote:

To strengthen wrists, check out russian dips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdMOTkBU-2U (you can do the same idea in push-ups too, dropping onto your fore-arms and then push forward back up.)

Good luck training!

ahhh man i got a dip powerstation, so its a bit awkward, ive tried before...
maybe making a few changes to the structure may work Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:37 am

I reccomend to stengthen your wrist, work on wrist push ups. Start easy progress slowly or you can injure yourself.
Back to top Go down
stilkobg

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Tim wrote:

Dead hangs work grip (which is part of your forearm) among other things Smile

If you are doing them against a wall (back to wall) make sure your hands aren't too far away from the wall as you may be leaning over your wrists more than you need to.

Good luck training!

Am I the only one who feels nothing in his writs when doing russian dips? Cause my friends say "My writs aghh" but i don't feel a thing; is it possible I am doing them wrong?
Back to top Go down
dacicsak

dacicsak

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:38 pm

do fingers-up pushup, that will help u to balance your muscles in your forearms
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:46 pm

stilkobg wrote:

Am I the only one who feels nothing in his writs when doing russian dips? Cause my friends say "My writs aghh" but i don't feel a thing; is it possible I am doing them wrong?

Do them slower, and try not to use any momentum on the way up Smile
Back to top Go down
stilkobg

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Tim wrote:
stilkobg wrote:

Do them slower, and try not to use any momentum on the way up Smile
Thanks Razz and sorry for hijacking the thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HSPU and wrists... Empty
PostSubject: Re: HSPU and wrists...   HSPU and wrists... Empty

Back to top Go down

HSPU and wrists...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bar-barians :: Welcome to the Bar-barians Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: